Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony DVD recorder RDR-HX710. Anyone else got this?

• 20-08-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Picked one up yesterday.

The main purpose of the machine will be to assist in reducing the VHS tape mountain which is adding serious weight and bulk to my shelves.

With 160 GB of a HDD it seems pretty good.
    DVR-R discs seem to be recommended over DVD+R because of the latter's inability to record 16:9 broadcasts as 16:9 (digital spy forum report cases of 4:3 playback).

Not multi-region. I see that the remote hack costs £21.
    My other two DVD players will play all regions so I'm not too pushed about that.

Has anybody any experience of using this machine?
    Particularly for converting VHS to HDD and then onto DVD-R?
    If so, what dubbing speeds did you use?
    Any issues?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Prunk

Sorry, I can't help you ... yet :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of buying the same piece of kit. Can you tell me where you got it from? And how much it cost?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

710 is an old model. the new one is 720. use the flexi record time thing, its the best

Advertisement