Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pete Doherty - Moron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Will the day ever come!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Who cares anymore tbh, he'll never learn and seems to get away with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Amount of Pete Doherty newspaper articles and tv reports Ive seen/read in the past 3 or so years: 36,892

Amount of Pete Doherty songs/music videos Ive ever heard/seen: Two. On two occasions

I read about some gig his band were doing up the North, tickets only cost £15 quid odd :D Its a miracle he can afford to maintain a drug habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ok now i know the fella is a junkie but i do seriously think he is trying to get clean.and i know this is a c pleate seperate matter but i think some of his music is deadly.but i do gareee he needs a good kcik up the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

^

Aren't you a little young to be drinking?

Another babyshambles of a thread. I don't know who's worse, Doherty or boybands. At the end of the day its a close run thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

whats his crime ??
    drug user .. oh and hes a celebrity musician ....

should all illegal drug users be locked up too ???

we should not be wasting time talking about this troubled man, and the authorities should be trying to lock up real criminals i.e. murderers, rapists , paedophiles , and the people that sell Doherty the crack and smack (dealers of hard drugs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh and when you pull a stunt of doing a live interview squirting what looks to be blood from a syringe at the camera, that's not really a crime is it?

he's a complete arse and is totally glorifying the use of drugs.

so should all idiots be locked up with all drug users ?
    i think the jails would get pretty full, judging by recent incidents in mountjoy !
    Hes a sick man, who needs help , rather than jail ... squirting a liquid on a camera , is hardly a crime , just a rock n'roll stunt - i admit in bad taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thebaz wrote:
    whats his crime ??
    drug user .. oh and hes a celebrity musician ....

should all illegal drug users be locked up too ???

we should not be wasting time talking about this troubled man, and the authorities should be trying to lock up real criminals i.e. murderers, rapists , paedophiles , and the people that sell Doherty the crack and smack (dealers of hard drugs)

hold on a second. what he is doing is against the law in the UK. punishable by jail time

Mossy Monk wrote:
    hold on a second. what he is doing is against the law in the UK. punishable by jail time
    so is smoking dope and snorting coke , which is a very common pastime to many in ireland and uk, so should all these thousands of users be also locked up ? IMO jail real criminals , not just small time drug users , rather than fill jails with petty law breakers . The man is obviously not well, so why persucute him for doing things that many others are also doing, if he inflicts pain on others jail him, but for abusing his own body , jail seams a knee jerk right wing pointless reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Sky - Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ok now i know the fella is a junkie but i do seriously think he is trying to get clean.and i know this is a c pleate seperate matter but i think some of his music is deadly.but i do gareee he needs a good kcik up the arse

Here here, lets give him another chance to make a fool of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can't stand the arrogant fecker myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

after seeing him on jonathon ross a few months back, i couldn't help but feel he was putting on the whole "I'm so outta it" thing, he just looked like a stupid twat desperately seeking attention.

And no, we don't need clog out jails with idiots and drug addicts. I think shooting them would be much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

mloc wrote:
    after seeing him on jonathon ross a few months back, i couldn't help but feel he was putting on the whole "I'm so outta it" thing, he just looked like a stupid twat desperately seeking attention.

QUOTE]

I dont know if i agree with this. He seams to be a chronic drug addict. Probably been out of his head most of his life. He was recently caught with Heroin AND crack.

I dont think anyone has 'control' over these substances. Surely, there must be easier ways of seeking attention. For what its worth I think he has got some talent. Unfortunately, I dont think he is going to get the chance to develope it...........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mloc wrote:

he just looked like a stupid twat desperately seeking attention

And here we are doing exactly that...giving him the time of day he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

i am a pete supporter - there i said it! - and would much rather him to be clean and nobody than wasted and famous, but there is more to him than just another junkie f***up. i don't think he is an attention seeker, anymore than any front man of any band seeks attention.

the truly irritating thing is the manner in which his exploits are reported, as though everyone were truly bored with him... then why report it? why discuss it? you're either a fan or you don't give a sh1t, and if you don't, why bother?

I don't think I've ever heard of him before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I wouldn't mind not locking him up the baz if he was actually trying to get clean, but he's not. Every week he's in court after being caught with drugs etc. It's getting bloody annoying, how many times does some one have to break the law before they are put away?

John

i know he is an idiot , but some peoples attitude "shoot him" etc . , pisses me off . Should Shane McGowan , Ronnie Wood , Keith Richard etc etc be shot , at the end of the day the main person they hurt is themselves , and yes some of it is a marketing stint .. oh heres the camera lets get the bottle of Jack Daniel out and look wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

thebaz wrote:
    i know he is an idiot , but some peoples attitude "shoot him" etc . , pisses me off . Should Shane McGowan , Ronnie Wood , Keith Richard etc etc be shot

Only flaw in your logic is that Shane McGowan, Ronnie Wood and Keef are legends, geniuses and their work is admired by millions....Pete Doherty is an (relatively unknown) idiot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

And its pissrags like NME that keep reporting on the cnut,everybody else gave up caring a long time ago.Shoot him FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I am sorry but the matter here is not that he is a celebrity who breaks the law, but he is a person who does break the law and who deserves to be treated the same as anyone else who does it. So far he has recieved preferential treatment and this should not be continued. He is a smack addict who is no different than any other. Punish him for the crimes he has commited I say.

kodute wrote:
    Only flaw in your logic is that Shane McGowan, Ronnie Wood and Keef are legends, geniuses and their work is admired by millions....Pete Doherty is an (relatively unknown) idiot!

Exactly. I end up making this point every time. Ol Dirty Bastard of the Wu Tang, Shaun Ryder and the Happy Mondays, Shane McGowan, Ozzy Osbourne before he had his kunt family, all these guys had problems with drugs and alcohol pretty much the same as Doherty. The difference was- these guys were characters. When father of 13 kids ODB was out of it he stormed the stage at the grammys whilst someone else was being presented with an award, complained that he didnt win in his nominated category seeing as he had spent money on a new suit, and then proclaimed that "wu tang is for the children" :D Ryder and the Mondays, just watch the documentary The Agony and the Ecstasy, the man is a fcuking legend :D

Interviewer "In the old days did you ever perform on stage without taking drugs?"

Shaun "In the old days I didnt watch Coronation Street without taking drugs" :D

But Doherty? wtf has he ever done that was in any way humourous? He injected heroin into an unconscious female fan and photographed the whole thing. Ha ha ha great. His rubbery ugly mug and weird behaviour when he leaves court after his 912th appearance rather reminds me of a typical Bo Selecta character, if theres a new series they oughta send him up bad.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Exactly. I end up making this point every time. Ol Dirty Bastard of the Wu Tang, Shaun Ryder and the Happy Mondays, Shane McGowan, Ozzy Osbourne before he had his kunt family, all these guys had problems with drugs and alcohol pretty much the same as Doherty. The difference was- these guys were characters. When father of 13 kids ODB was out of it he stormed the stage at the grammys whilst someone else was being presented with an award, complained that he didnt win in his nominated category seeing as he had spent money on a new suit, and then proclaimed that "wu tang is for the children" :D Ryder and the Mondays, just watch the documentary The Agony and the Ecstasy, the man is a fcuking legend :D

Interviewer "In the old days did you ever perform on stage without taking drugs?"

Shaun "In the old days I didnt watch Coronation Street without taking drugs" :D

But Doherty? wtf has he ever done that was in any way humourous? He injected heroin into an unconscious female fan and photographed the whole thing. Ha ha ha great. His rubbery ugly mug and weird behaviour when he leaves court after his 912th appearance rather reminds me of a typical Bo Selecta character, if theres a new series they oughta send him up bad.

Thats a good idea in principle except publicity is the only thing keeping the bastard going.Imagine if there were no reporters outside the courtroom when he came staggerig out..what would the dickhead do then??

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

JAIL HIM.

Maybe all druggies / addicts etc should be treated and not jailed, but the fact remains - if you or I were caught with half the amount of crap he's been caught with, you can be damn sure we'd be in jail - paying huge fines AND getting criminal records preventing us from travelling

Just because this w@nker is a "celeb" - he's like "oh....I have a problem...I'm addicted..its a terrible disease" - just like mel gibson when he was caught DUI. They're let away with anything if they say "I have been battling with this terrible disease for years.....I'll go to rehab"

No jail time
    no convictions
    no criminal records
    no fines
    no fair, dude!

how much coke was kate moss caught with (on video camera) - imagine that was me or you - we'd be decorating a cell for at least 5 years (imagine the likes of us trying to play the addiction/disease/rehab card - no chance) - lock the b@stard up

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    how much coke was kate moss caught with (on video camera) - imagine that was me or you - we'd be decorating a cell for at least 5 years (imagine the likes of us trying to play the addiction/disease/rehab card - no chance) - lock the b@stard up

IIRC she only did 4 lines, probably less than a tenner worth, I doubt she even felt a bleedin mad raphid buzz wha. Its certainly not a 5 year job.

In fairness Dohertys been in prison at least twice iirc. Jesus though, nothing worse than all the retard goths who turn up outsde every trial and spin the bollix about him being a misunderstood poet of the youth of today.

Hes a wanker. And so are a great deal of his fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

thebaz wrote:
    so is smoking dope and snorting coke , which is a very common pastime to many in ireland and uk, so should all these thousands of users be also locked up ?

No, but they should get suspended sentences, community service and fines. If you choose to live in a country and break it's then you can't bitch about facing the consequences.

Don;t get me wrong, i love the odd joint, but if i ever get caught with something on me i will take my wrap and not bitch about it.

THe problem with most drug users, casual or junkies....on any scale of the drug ladder, is a generally refusal to accept responsibility for there actions. You break the law, deal with it.

Grow a pair of ****ing nuts for Christ sake. ;)

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    JAIL HIM.

Maybe all druggies / addicts etc should be treated and not jailed, but the fact remains - if you or I were caught with half the amount of crap he's been caught with, you can be damn sure we'd be in jail - paying huge fines AND getting criminal records preventing us from travelling

Just because this w@nker is a "celeb" - he's like "oh....I have a problem...I'm addicted..its a terrible disease" - just like mel gibson when he was caught DUI. They're let away with anything if they say "I have been battling with this terrible disease for years.....I'll go to rehab"

No jail time
    no convictions
    no criminal records
    no fines
    no fair, dude!

Doherty has done jail time, in Pentonville, which is pretty awful as jails go, he has been convicted, he most certainly has a criminal record, and he has paid fines. Sure, he got sent to rehab this time, and with good reason - he IS trying extremely hard to get clean, having travelled to Portugal on few occasions to receive treatment. The court recognised these efforts.

It's easy to say that he should be locked up, so he can be forgotten about, but that's not treating the problem. I don't think any addict should ever be locked up, it's the equivalent of sweeping the dirt under the rug - it's still there but you can't see it.

Oh, and whatever poster said he injected heroin into an unconscious girl needs to check their facts - she has stated that she was fully conscious and coherent and allowed him to take some of her blood for use in artwork. Still totally disgusting and incomprehensible but not vicious or criminal.

• Advertisement

hoody wrote:
    Doherty has done jail time, in Pentonville, which is pretty awful as jails go, he has been convicted, he most certainly has a criminal record, and he has paid fines. Sure, he got sent to rehab this time, and with good reason - he IS trying extremely hard to get clean, having travelled to Portugal on few occasions to receive treatment. The court recognised these efforts.

It's easy to say that he should be locked up, so he can be forgotten about, but that's not treating the problem. I don't think any addict should ever be locked up, it's the equivalent of sweeping the dirt under the rug - it's still there but you can't see it.

Oh, and whatever poster said he injected heroin into an unconscious girl needs to check their facts - she has stated that she was fully conscious and coherent and allowed him to take some of her blood for use in artwork. Still totally disgusting and incomprehensible but not vicious or criminal.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad other people agree with me :)

John

Lump wrote:
    I'm glad other people agree with me :)

John

Whats to dissagree with?He's a s hithead plain and simple and if he has any fans they're not far off it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

He's a NME Pin Up the same as a Smash Hits Pin Up but a bit more edgy for the cool kids out there :rolleyes:

Degsy wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Degsy, please tell me what I said wrong here rather than using smilies to make me look foolish - that i can manage quite well by myself - i'd prefer your opinion than your condescension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    JAIL HIM.

No jail time
    no convictions
    no criminal records
    no fines
    no fair, dude!

:confused:

Entire post is utterly wrong / ridiculas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I really dont care if he's clean or not, I just want the f*cker dead. End of story. The Poncy w*anker

hoody wrote:
    Degsy, please tell me what I said wrong here rather than using smilies to make me look foolish - that i can manage quite well by myself - i'd prefer your opinion than your condescension.

What you said wrong was anything attempting to justify Pete Dhoerty's existence on this planet,talking about using somebody's blood for "art" ffs.He's indefensible and richly deserves to be battered to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Musician does drugs....hold the frickin front page.

The fact that hes a crap musician is beside the point.

I dont think the point is that hes a musician, good or bad. The point is hes an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

thebaz wrote:
    so is smoking dope and snorting coke , which is a very common pastime to many in ireland and uk, so should all these thousands of users be also locked up ? .

Yes. they are breaking the law.
    Ideally all drug dealers would be locked up too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Lump wrote:
    Once again, can we please lock this shít head up:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds36083.html

John

Its people like you who keep him in the public eye. You love to gossip about him so thats why the media keep him in the spotlight because people like you are interested. You posted this thread, highlighting the mans problem. Now people will see this thread and think 'Oh not that tw*at again'.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Amount of Pete Doherty newspaper articles and tv reports Ive seen/read in the past 3 or so years: 36,892

Amount of Pete Doherty songs/music videos Ive ever heard/seen: Two. On two occasions

This is exactly the problem. You have no problem dissing the boy even though you admit to knowing very little about his music. Most people who bother to listen to The Libertines or Babyshambles would agree that, in the Libertines anyway, his work is of a high standard. But thats irrelevant isnt it?

Degsy wrote:
    What you said wrong was anything attempting to justify Pete Dhoerty's existence on this planet,talking about using somebody's blood for "art" ffs.He's indefensible and richly deserves to be battered to death.

I also said that attemping to pass off that as artwork was disgusting and incomprehensible. I have every right to justify his existence, and most of what you're suggesting there is coming off, in my opinion, as immature and base. You think death would lower his profile?

hoody wrote:
    You think death would lower his profile?
    couldnt hurt. Sure there would be the standard media frenzie at first but, just like Diana, it would all disappear in time to the relief and pleasure of those who hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

McGowan et al are talented. doherty is not. therefore he should go away.

hoody wrote:
    I also said that attemping to pass off that as artwork was disgusting and incomprehensible. I have every right to justify his existence, and most of what you're suggesting there is coming off, in my opinion, as immature and base. You think death would lower his profile?

Ah yes,saying he should be shot is immature and base but squirting people with blood,playing up ridiculously to cameras,and taking heroin is not.Glad we cleared that up.

Degsy, you're right, those are incredibly dumb things that he is doing, but then again he is a heroin & crack addict, and we don't see too many of those picking up Nobel prizes. What I'm saying is that the solution is treatment, not total condemnation. For the record, I don't think he plays up to the camera, regardless of whether he does or not he's going to be splashed all over the rags anyway.

I also believe he has talent, its just a matter of him staying lucid enough to fulfil his potential. Better he's here than not, I say. Time will tell if he's worth all the bother, but I hope so.

hoody you seem to have alot of faith in a no good junkie who, if he didnt come across money from whatever source(how the hell does this waster support himself?) would probably hold a syringe to you if it meant a hit to him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am no the bggest fan of this guy, ahem.

Anyway, a lot of people do drugs, he's just like everybody else, he is not worse because of this. For other reasons....
    I'm sure people are going around here calling him scum and they take drugs themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

^Aren't you a little young to be drinking?

sorry?i dont get you?

I don't take drugs.... I hate him.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement