Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pete Doherty - Moron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think the guy is a waster but my boyfriend reckons that when he's dead in a few years he'll be revered in the same way as Kurt and Jim...But they had talent, whereas this guy has Kate Moss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dustaz wrote:
    Musician does drugs....hold the frickin front page.

The fact that hes a crap musician is beside the point.

musician repeatedly gets caught with class A's, breaks into houses, carries weapon, gets caught in stolen car with class a's a week after getting a suspended sentence, squirts syringe of blood at camera during interview, gets caught hours after court appearance with class a's.
    pictured holding syringe in seemingly unconcious girls arm, oh sorry, it was an "art project" :rolleyes: (like any of the brainwashed doherty hole-licker crowd that hang round with him are gonna say that it actually was smack...)

i've probably left out a few though.....

and babyshambles are a ****ing patchetic band. libertines were fairly sh!te too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

hallelujah wrote:
    This is exactly the problem. You have no problem dissing the boy even though you admit to knowing very little about his music. Most people who bother to listen to The Libertines or Babyshambles would agree that, in the Libertines anyway, his work is of a high standard. But thats irrelevant isnt it?

My point was more that if it wasnt for the drugs Ida never heard of either band. I dont know if theyre any good, Ive only a vague recollection of hearing their stuff twice and i dont really hang around with the types who would be into it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lump wrote:
    I don't take drugs.... I hate him.

John
    I take drugs, I hate him.

Also Kate moss has her moments nighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

smack him in the face to be honest... a few times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

I think Pete is useless, musically and otherwise. Well, no, wait, he does have scientific value--to paraphrase American comedian Sarah Silverstein, "His body can convert drugs into riboflavin".
    She named some one else, but clearly Pete Doherty is who she was thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

"Andy Dick is a hero of mine. Andy Dick's body actually turns cocaine into riboflavin". -Sarah Silverman

she's funny as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Sgt. Sensible

hallelujah wrote:
    This is exactly the problem. You have no problem dissing the boy even though you admit to knowing very little about his music. Most people who bother to listen to The Libertines or Babyshambles would agree that, in the Libertines anyway, his work is of a high standard. But thats irrelevant isnt it?
    I've listened to his music and he's rubbish. Jingle jangle indie by numbers that could have been done anytime in the last 25 years. The press want a new kurt cobain and this twat is the best they can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

julep wrote:
    "Andy Dick is a hero of mine. Andy Dick's body actually turns cocaine into riboflavin". -Sarah Silverman

she's funny as ****.
    Ahh there it is-- thank you Julep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

musician repeatedly gets caught with class A's, breaks into houses, carries weapon, gets caught in stolen car with class a's a week after getting a suspended sentence, squirts syringe of blood at camera during interview, gets caught hours after court appearance with class a's.
    pictured holding syringe in seemingly unconcious girls arm, oh sorry, it was an "art project" :rolleyes: (like any of the brainwashed doherty hole-licker crowd that hang round with him are gonna say that it actually was smack...)

i've probably left out a few though.....

and babyshambles are a ****ing patchetic band. libertines were fairly sh!te too.

Is that you jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

If all of the above is true, why isnt this guy getting fines, community service, jail time (yes, MORE jail time). If it was some poverty stricken knacker you'd be damn sure he'd be in prison by now. His "fame" is the only thing keeping him out. I was caught smoking a joint last year and it cost me 800 quid, 2 days in court and 2 saturdays doing a drugs awareness course (and I didnt even have any hash ON me) - he gets caught with Class A's on a regular basis and gets more or less the same treatment.

i'm waiting for him to find god, so that the title of this thread can be changed to "Pete Doherty - Mormon".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ba dum tisszszszs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    If all of the above is true, why isnt this guy getting fines, community service, jail time (yes, MORE jail time). If it was some poverty stricken knacker you'd be damn sure he'd be in prison by now. His "fame" is the only thing keeping him out. I was caught smoking a joint last year and it cost me 800 quid, 2 days in court and 2 saturdays doing a drugs awareness course (and I didnt even have any hash ON me) - he gets caught with Class A's on a regular basis and gets more or less the same treatment.

800 quid?Did you spit in the judges face or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

He should have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is that you jesus?

you knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just out of curiosity is Pete Doherty actually paying people to go onto forums and post comments on the the details of his latest lurid encounter? He seems to have a thead on AH at least once a week now and I can't honestly see why any intelligent person would be interested in anything the guy does (even if your interested is based on berating him for it)?

He's like spam made human. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The guy is a thoughtful musician. The rest of his life is a total joke, but musically, the guy actually does have merit. Back in the sixties and seventies, Heroin, Coke, LSD, Shrooms and mary Jane all had a place on the music scene. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Who, Elton John, The Rolling Stones.
    Your favourite band has a drug habit.
    But in the sixties there werent a bunch of scabby, coat-tail riding photographers looking for any excuse to break a drug story about them.

Lately it seems the british public has this insatiable apettite for little Peteys every mistake and ****-up. Its not his fault that the media decided to pick up on every little thing some marginally famous musician does, and reports on it and gives him more column inches than album sales allow. But the guy inspires strong feelings everywhere he goes. Remember the TBMC "incident"?

There are very few ppl around with neutral feelings towards Pete Doherty, and the reason is the salacious language the press uses, and the vehemence with which they report his every misdemeanour. Its the judgemental nature of the press that is the main reason why I dont leave the house without checking my fly four times.

boo ****ing hoo. the media are hounding him. if it bothers him that much, why does he do shows like jonathan ross and the like?

Because he's a musician too.......

• Advertisement

yes and he is trying to promote himself. with that comes tabloid tales. it's aprt of the territory and he knows that. if he doesn't like it, then he doesn't have to appear in public.

But its not like he is ringing the tabloids saying "I'll be at x apartment tonight, and meself and mossie will be taking coke like theres no tomorrow. I would absolutely love it if you could get me pic on the front page again. And if u could tip off the police too, so they could chuck me in jail again, that would be amazing."

I hated him too, for ages, wondering who the hell is this guy who is doing the famous musician thing backwards. Then I heard Albion, i thought it was pretty good, but I still hated him. Then I read this strange thinkpiece written by someone writing for the sunday times a number of months back, and he just sort of seemed stuck on drugs. He was surprisingly self-aware...

yeah. the thing is, these people do ring the tabloids and tell them where they are going to be and when they will be there. they also have publicists do the same for them.
    also, going to celebrity nightspots which are paparazzi havens is also a way of getting in the paper.

I dunno. Junkies tend to do so in their own home. I mean its not like we have seen him at movie premieres, or any of the major nightspots. All the pictures i have seen of him have been shady camera phone pictures in badly lit apartments and police mug shots. If u r famous, and u get arrested, thats an even better way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭In_Diana_Jones

Dragan wrote:
    No, but they should get suspended sentences, community service and fines. If you choose to live in a country and break it's then you can't bitch about facing the consequences.

Don;t get me wrong, i love the odd joint, but if i ever get caught with something on me i will take my wrap and not bitch about it.

THe problem with most drug users, casual or junkies....on any scale of the drug ladder, is a generally refusal to accept responsibility for there actions. You break the law, deal with it.

Grow a pair of ****ing nuts for Christ sake. ;)

I'll be sending a copy of this to the cops. Hopefully they go to the bother of getting your details and send you down you scum!

julep wrote:
    McGowan et al are talented. doherty is not. therefore he should go away.

Hmmmmmmm.....exactly how much of Pete Doherty's music have you listened to or poetry have you read or pictures have you seen?

Tha Gopher wrote:
    My point was more that if it wasnt for the drugs Ida never heard of either band. I dont know if theyre any good, Ive only a vague recollection of hearing their stuff twice and i dont really hang around with the types who would be into it.

Well, I'll assume you like classics such as U2 and Bon Jovi and others of the "classy" ilk!

I'll be sending a copy of this to the cops. Hopefully they go to the bother of getting your details and send you down you scum!
    banned for personal abuse.

that's the third person in three day.

read the damn charter. personal abuse is not allowed here.
    check out the thunderdome if you want to call someone "scum" or whatever.

Thats a bit strong, banning 'im. It clearly wasnt mentioned seriously, and nobody could have taken offence to it. I just have a sneaking suspicion that if he hadnt questioned u earlier this mightnt have happened. Possibly?

But what the hell.
    Thats what ye're there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I just want to add that he got the equivalent of Leaving Cert 600 points in his A-Levels (4 A's, 150 points each) so he's hardly an idiot. Also, opinion of his music in the libertines and babyshambles is subjective. I know people who hate U2 and the beatles, doesn't necessarily make them rubbish bands. I actually think libertines/babyshambles/dirty pretty things(I know it's not pete) are/were all talented musicians. I met pete and the bassist for babyshambles drew at a gig before, and they were both dead sound. Not full of themselves like some cocky bands who have no time for fans (U2 spring to mind), unlike them, they are actually 1 of very few bands who didn't let the fame go to their head.

Also, as has been said, guns'n'roses, red hot chili peppers, rolling stones, led zeppelin, beatles, etc were all drug users, but the media didn't hound them. That's why people are getting pissed off here - because pete is in the media so much. And as has already been said, he doesn't ASK to be exploited by the media, I don't know what the British media's obsession is but I think pete (and the people here who don't like him, babyshambles,libertines, DPT, etc) would love if they just ****ed off and left him alone.

• Advertisement

i didn't see any humour in it.

he questioned me earlier?
    where?

i can't be expected to remember every single post i read.

Its just the first time I have seen someone banned for something that trivial, clearly meant in jest. I mean its ok for someone to say Pete Doherty is scum, but then when the same accusation is levelled at them sarcastically or in jest, that isnt allowed. I wouldnt consider that abusive.

Lorax wrote:
    I just want to add that he got the equivalent of Leaving Cert 600 points in his A-Levels (4 A's, 150 points each) so he's hardly an idiot. Also, opinion of his music in the libertines and babyshambles is subjective. I know people who hate U2 and the beatles, doesn't necessarily make them rubbish bands. I actually think libertines/babyshambles/dirty pretty things(I know it's not pete) are/were all talented musicians. I met pete and the bassist for babyshambles drew at a gig before, and they were both dead sound. Not full of themselves like some cocky bands who have no time for fans (U2 spring to mind), unlike them, they are actually 1 of very few bands who didn't let the fame go to their head.

Also, as has been said, guns'n'roses, red hot chili peppers, rolling stones, led zeppelin, beatles, etc were all drug users, but the media didn't hound them. That's why people are getting pissed off here - because pete is in the media so much. And as has already been said, he doesn't ASK to be exploited by the media, I don't know what the British media's obsession is but I think pete would love if they just ****ed off and left him alone.
    yeah. academic intelligence and common sense are two completely different things.
    constant drug abuse is hardly clever, is it?

Its just the first time I have seen someone banned for something that trivial, clearly meant in jest. I mean its ok for someone to say Pete Doherty is scum, but then when the same accusation is levelled at them sarcastically or in jest, that isnt allowed. I wouldnt consider that abusive.
    pete doherty doesn't post here.
    when he does, i'll ban Lump for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

julep wrote:
    yeah. academic intelligence and common sense are two completely different things.

Thats your opinion fair enough you are entitled to it, but bear in mind some of the best songs ever written were written under the influence of drugs. I'm not advocating drug use, but there are some professions where it shouldn't bother you what people do in their own time. For example if a surgeon was operating on you, it would be safe to say you would be freaked out if he was off his trolley on drugs. But for a singer/guitarist in a band (who you don't have to listen to if you don't want to) that takes drugs, so what? Why does it bother you so much? How does it affect your life? Millions & millions of ppl use drugs worldwide, why aren't you complaining about them, what is the obsession with pete? I don't get it.. Did you know AXL Rose actually used to SELL drugs? He was a drug dealer, doing other people harm. Pete is not, he's only harming himself and for the record he is desperately trying to go clean, admitting himself into that famous rehab clinic in portugal, he is making the effort. Drug addiction is not an easy thing to get over you know.

Thats not what I was saying at all. I was saying for someone to call someone "scum" satirically, entirely becuase the original poster, or in your mind the victim of the personal abuse, admitted to smoking the odd jay is a reason for the original poster to smile, and not personal abuse. I mean was it reported to you as personal abuse? Did the person in question actually get upset about it? Or to you is banning someone purely based on the semantics of the situation and not the reality?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

julep wrote:
    Nor is smoking, hypocrite much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

dr.bollocko, you are going wildly off topic here. If you wish to protest about another users ban, please post it in feedback or contact the moderator in question. Back on topic please. Thanks.

Nor is smoking, hypocrite much?
    i never claimed to be clever. :)
    Thats your opinion fair enough you are entitled to it, but bear in mind some of the best songs ever written were written under the influence of drugs. I'm not advocating drug use, but there are some professions where it shouldn't bother you what people do in their own time. For example if a surgeon was operating on you, it would be safe to say you would be freaked out if he was off his trolley on drugs. But for a singer/guitarist in a band (who you don't have to listen to if you don't want to) that takes drugs, so what? Why does it bother you so much? How does it affect your life? Millions & millions of ppl use drugs worldwide, why aren't you complaining about them, what is the obsession with pete? I don't get it.. Did you know AXL Rose actually used to SELL drugs? He was a drug dealer, doing other people harm. Pete is not, he's only harming himself and for the record he is desperately trying to go clean, admitting himself into that famous rehab clinic in portugal, he is making the effort. Drug addiction is not an easy thing to get over you know.
    yeah, i don't really care what he does. he could disappear up his own arse for all i care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

julep wrote:
    i never claimed to be clever. :)

yeah, i don't really care what he does. he could disappear up his own arse for all i care.

So you think of your self as a dumb cúnt then? Hope it's ok if I agree... if that is ok. your words...not mine.

Sure disappear up your arse or something,

sorry, where did i say i was a dumb cúnt?

you're entitled to your opinion. it might not be intelligently thought out, but it's yours nonetheless.

julep wrote:
    sorry, where did i say i was a dumb cúnt?

you're entitled to your opinion. it might not be intelligently thought out, but it's yours nonetheless.

Sorry you said you were "not clever"? That in my language is "I am a stupid cúnt"

Sorry for an missmeaning as it were.

that's fair enough.
    now please post on topic in this thread.
    i believe it's about pete doherty being a moron.

julep wrote:
    that's fair enough.
    now please post on topic in this thread.
    i believe it's about pete doherty being a moron.

No worries.

He is a moran at the best and worst of times. I for one would like to see him do some real prison time. I think his lyrics would have good Soul for it. Bar his ass being riped to shreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Lorax wrote:
    Thats your opinion fair enough you are entitled to it, but bear in mind some of the best songs ever written were written under the influence of drugs. I'm not advocating drug use, but there are some professions where it shouldn't bother you what people do in their own time. Millions & millions of ppl use drugs worldwide, why aren't you complaining about them, what is the obsession with pete? I don't get it.. Did you know AXL Rose actually used to SELL drugs? He was a drug dealer, doing other people harm.

So what if Axl Rose sold drugs? So did Snoop Dogg, Jay Z, 50 Cent, Biggie Smalls and a few people Ive palled around with over the years. Most peoples point here is that

1- Whilst some users have been great musicians, the general consensus from those here who follow the whole indie scene is that hes actually rather sh1t. Any increased drug intake doesnt bring about better music- Snoop Dogg was a fairly heavy recreational smoker when he brought out the classic Doggystyle in 1993. Hes barely done anything significant in the 13 years since then, just pot rotted his brain (mind you, on the flipside the quality of Eminems output declined after court ordered regular drug testing from a gun case around 2002 forced him to kick the drugs in so who knows)

2- He is not only harming himself. I believe on one occasion he was stopped driving his car whilst off his tits on crack? If he ran someone over would it still only be his business? And does anyone really believe that cock about extracting blood from the girl for art? Even if he was, god knows how many people had used the syringe, he looks already like he has AIDS

3- As long as they dont rob me for the money I dont care whos doing drugs. But if theyre on the news week in week out in what appears to be as much attention seeking as anything they differentiate themselves from other users.

Whoever said "enough pete threads" is dead right. I propose the next Pete Doherty thread be the inevitable one titled "Pete Doherty is found dead "

Ill give it 3 weeks......

• Advertisement

yep.
    drugs do not a good musician make. that kind of thinking is highly deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭tamburlaine

hoody wrote:
    i am a pete supporter - there i said it! - and would much rather him to be clean and nobody than wasted and famous, but there is more to him than just another junkie f***up. i don't think he is an attention seeker, anymore than any front man of any band seeks attention.

the truly irritating thing is the manner in which his exploits are reported, as though everyone were truly bored with him... then why report it? why discuss it? you're either a fan or you don't give a sh1t, and if you don't, why bother?

I concur. He's quite the idiot in respect to his drug use and how he conducts himself in relation to the media, but he is essentially a good lad and one hell of a song writer. A real talent. This has been said countless times but this is the essence of his being. Immense exposure and a horrible addiction have him ruined. It's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

This guy is famous for 2 things:
    1. Dating Kate Moss
    2. Being on drugs

If it weren't for 1. the majority of the country would never have heard of him.
    If it weren't for 2. he would hardly be in the papers.

I don't care how many musicians were drug takers, this particular guy is not talented enough to warrent the amount of press coverage he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I concur. He's quite the idiot in respect to his drug use and how he conducts himself in relation to the media, but he is essentially a good lad and one hell of a song writer. A real talent. This has been said countless times but this is the essence of his being. Immense exposure and a horrible addiction have him ruined. It's a shame.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/necromancer.htm

but yes he's a moron I think, not that I know much about him

• Advertisement
Advertisement