Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate floor Cleaner

Options
  • 20-08-2006 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can anybody out there recommend a good laminate floor cleaner? We've a wide-plank Oak effect floor which is a nitemare to keep clean and to remove wet shoe footprints, marks etc etc from.

We can never get it to look very clean without spending ages buffing the floor after cleaning.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi,

We use Pledge Soapy Wood Cleaner. You can get it in most Supermarkets. We have semi-solid floors and we mix it with warm water and use a mop and bucket. Does a great job amd smells really nice too

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

gotta agree with dools we use pledge too and its great.
    also try maintainer, its a pro cleaning product, its pink and you water it down.
    makes the floors gleam

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

I think the fella is looking for a laminate floor cleaner as opposed to solid/semi solid. I just got the wide plane oak effect laminate as well - is it that bad to keep clean?

The Pledge cleaner can be used on any wood/wood effect floors. We also use in on the laminate in the bedroom

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

thanks for your replies and suggestions. I'll give the Pledge a go. PRMAN, what makes you think I'm a fella? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I too am female. We are currently renovating/decorating our 3rd house so have a huge interest in all things DIY. I think it is just assumed that this is a bloke's forum.....sure we only do the cleaning up afterwards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Sorry ladies - I'll also give the pledge a go. Cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Dools, what makes you think I'm female? ;)

Well are you??? Not sure how many ladies are on this forum. I think I've spotted one or two. Well, I have certainly outed myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

I have laminates and when I buying them I was recommended to use a solution of mild bleach (milton) or disinfectant with a squirt of fairy liquid. What I actually use is that pledge soapy stuff for wood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement