Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veronica Mars Season 2 & 3 *possible spoilers*

• 21-08-2006 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

So I thought the other VM thread was going a bit off topic and decided to start another.
    After slagging the show a few weeks ago, I started to actually watch it and I really do enjoy it.

I have watched season 1 and 2 and now am waiting for 3 which will be shown in the US on the 3rd of October. It will be shown in 7 episode segments and Rob Thomas has said that each segment will have its own storyline and people can watch one in isolation of another.

Here are a few sites of interest:
    http://veronica-mars.org/forum/
    http://www.tv.com/veronica-mars/show/24272/summary.html
    http://neptunesite.com/news.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Yeah first season was really good hopefully 2nd will stay up to the standard. The first couple of eps not as good but its picking up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I thought season 2 was just as good as 1. I hope Rte will show the remaining 17 episodes before the Autumn schedule comes on and not cancel it for the afternoon show or some other crap. Living tv are on episode 12 this Thursday evening.

Todays ep was brill so i've stopped worrying.
    Hopefully RTE will continue to show the 2nd series and start showing the 3rd at a reasonable time over the winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

pokerwidow wrote:
    I thought season 2 was just as good as 1. I hope Rte will show the remaining 17 episodes before the Autumn schedule comes on and not cancel it for the afternoon show or some other crap.

Bad news. It's not on at all after this Friday. From Mon 4th Sep those blabbering bints are back at 3pm and VM is gone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

aww really?!
    So on what episode of season2 are RTE going to finish at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Classic RTE carry on. If they weren't going to show all the second season, why show half?

Hopefully they will air the rest of the season at another timeslot. Look out for it at 1.30 AM on a Thursday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Complete lack of planning shines through. DVD might be out in America if you can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

the season 2 DVD was released last week in the US. Does anybody know if it's region free a la the season 2 boxset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the season 2 DVD was released last week in the US. Does anybody know if it's region free a la the season 2 boxset?

havent tested it myself yet, but from what i hear yes

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

elurhs wrote:
    Classic RTE carry on. If they weren't going to show all the second season, why show half?

Hopefully they will air the rest of the season at another timeslot. Look out for it at 1.30 AM on a Thursday morning!

grrr, the swines!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

herobear wrote:
    havent tested it myself yet, but from what i hear yes
    will probably check it out so. whereabouts did you hear that it was? couldn't find info on it myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danakin

This is getting unbelievable. First RTE bring back the awful afternoon show and basically cancel VM, then they dont even mention over the credits any new timeslot(Will there be one does anyone know?). Then on Living tv this week before the show started the announcer said that this was the penultimate episode meaning next week the show will end at the same episode as RTE despite the fact that the season isnt over. Can someone please explain to me what is going on?

After getting in touch with RTE about the remaining episodes of VM they replied that:
    " The final eight episodes of Veronica Mars have not being scheduled at this time "
    Which basically means "shag ye we don't know if we're going to bother our hole finishing them we'll continue showing the Afternoon Show and repeats of Who's the Boss until the cows come home".:mad: :mad:
    More shocking RTE carry on.

I wonder if a cousin in the US has been watching them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danakin

See what gets on my nerves is that Rte arent even making a rational ratings decision as from what I can ascertain there would be a much higher audience for new VM episodes than for Whos the Boss repeats!

I just hope to god that what livings announcer said isnt true and the series will continue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I e-mailed RTE about it......
    Thank you for your query.

RTÉ currently has no plans to complete showing series 2 of Veronica Mars, which did not achieve the audience figures that had been hoped for. The remains of the series will be broadcast at some stage in the next 18 months, but I am afraid there are no further details available at this time.

With the autumn schedule has returned and Veronica Mars, being predominantly aimed at a teenage market which are now / will soon all be back at school, the decision was taken to end the series and revert to normal RTE 1 programming.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
    RTÉ Communications

Thats bullsh1t in fairness cos even if VM didn't get the ratings they wanted it's still surely higher than Who's the Boss repeats and since they have the whole series bought with only 8 episodes left they would be as well of leaving it on.

If they wanted to aim VM at a teenage/young adult audience why didn't they put it on at 7.00pm cos most tennagers work during the summer anyway. I never saw an add for it either so how are people supposed to know its on or if its aimed at there audience. Its not a programme that you can pick up easily half way through either so lead-in adds were probably needed.

Yet again useless nonsense from the mandarins in RTE. Watch out for the next good programmme to get fcuked over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Someone must have seen the rating it was getting on weekday afternoons cos the second season of Veronica Mars returns to RTÉ ONE at the more sensible timesolt of Saturdays at 5pm.

It's just a shame that people who can watch on Saturday afternoons will be thrown in at the deep end of Season Two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

That's brilliant news as I always seem to miss it on Living TV. BTW,what date is it starting on?

Advertisement