Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Places?

Options
  • 21-08-2006 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

What exactly is the dealio with these?? Y'see me don't think I got the course I want, so perhaps if I take a vacant place in a similar course in the same Uni I could transfer internally at the end of the year! Will there be more vacant places added to the list thats already on the cao site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I think it depends on the college, contact the admissions department of the college you want/are going to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If you've been offered one of your choices can you still look for a vacant place on a course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

GDM wrote:
    If you've been offered one of your choices can you still look for a vacant place on a course?

I'm pretty sure you can, any acceptance of a Vacant Place will negate previous offers/acceptances!

Does anyone have any experience with these?? Like what kind of courses usually come up? Arts by any chance????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

And when are they generally announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'd imagine they'd only be announced after all the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 metaral

The list of Vacant Places is on the CAO website right now. I just applied to one. You do NOT have to wait for all the rounds to finish. It basically works like amending your current course choices. It lets you put in the course wherever you like within your current list. (So if you're still hoping for a course for second round you can put it after that but before another course you don't want to do).

Does anyone know when we find out if we are accepted into these courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

R0C0 wrote:
    What exactly is the dealio with these?? Y'see me don't think I got the course I want, so perhaps if I take a vacant place in a similar course in the same Uni I could transfer internally at the end of the year! Will there be more vacant places added to the list thats already on the cao site?

If u wanted to transfer to a course internally would u have to have the points for it ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 metaral

Pez I think you're best to ring the college and ask them. It probably depends on a number of factors, not just points.

Advertisement