Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol prices dropping?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It seems to be only a few garages that are starting to reduce their prices according to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Clonmel, the Amber and Statoil on the Waterford road:

Tuesday : 117.9 & 118.9 respectively
    Wednesday: 114.5 & 114.9

(Unleaded)

Was going to fill up on Tue, but was in a bit of a rush (luckily enough)...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

testicle wrote:
    Will be 108.0 for unleaded from midnight tonight.

By the way, how did you find out the price ahead of time. If you have some inside knowledge, it would be great if you could start a thread posting next weeks price the day before so that anyone using the card could fill either before or after Wednesday at midnight so as to get the best price.
    That 108.0 is a great price, gotta be close to the best in the country at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

And if the price keeps dropping, the government will be able to slap a few more cents tax on top of a litre. Don't they already get about 70% of the cost of a litre as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

111.9 in a few shells around Dublin - crazy change from 2 weeks ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

When it goes back to €0.96c (the equivalent of IR£0.75) per litre, then I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Today is the first day ive seen it at 116.9 in the west and that was just one garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tesco Waterford 111.9 and Texaco Hypermarket Waterford now 110.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

If prices are going to drop another 10c, we might have a chance of getting under €1/litre. (Currently selling at 110.9c/l around New Ross)

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1680156&issue_id=14586

Price of petrol could soon plunge to €1.10 a litre as stocks reach new high

MOTORISTS should be in for a pleasant surprise in the coming weeks, as the price of petrol tumbles.

Wholesale petrol prices, which are set in the Rotterdam market, have fallen 20pc in the last two weeks - faster than the fall in crude oil prices. Surplus stocks mean prices of home-heating oil are also down.

Dan McLaughlin, chief economist at Bank of Ireland, monitors the links between Rotterdam prices and those for the Irish motorist. "At these levels, Irish petrol should sell at around €1.10 a litre in a few weeks' time, compared with current prices of over €1.20 in many stations," he said.

"You don't get the full 20pc drop, because so much of the petrol price is tax, but it is still a significant fall. I think some of the panic over energy prices is overdone," he said.

"Energy is bound to get dearer over the long run, but that doesn't mean it keeps going up. That's not how it works. There are ups and downs and I think prices are headed down for the moment."

Consumers will be watching to see if prices at the pump come down as quickly as they went up.

There are fears that the closure of many petrol stations for property development will reduce competition, but supermarkets are expected to increase the number of their outlets selling petrol.

"I would certainly hope that retailers will pass on any cuts in the wholesale price as quickly as possible," said Ann Fitzgerald, the new Director of Consumer Affairs. "The record of the petrol industry seems good, but it is the kind of thing we intend to do more research on."

Dan McLaughlin thinks falling fuel prices may mean fears about general inflation rates rising to 5pc may be wide of the mark.

Brendan Keenan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tesco Waterford 111.9 for unleaded, thats a drop fom 117.9 in about 10 days.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Most filling stations in and around Galway city are from 115.90 to 118.90, down around 4-6 cent in the last week or so, good to see, long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Petrol 112.9 in Portumna Co.Galway yesterday,was pleasantly surprised

Seven Worlds will Collide

Waterford Tesco down to €1.09.9. Meanwhile in Wexford you can fill up at the ESSO near the start of the Rosslare road for about €1.26! :eek: Or you could drive half a mile and save 8 cent a ltr.

Mike.

I notice the Texaco at the hyper in Waterford is closed again. That places seems to close and reopen every 6 months. Wonder what the story is there?

mike65 wrote:
    Waterford Tesco down to €1.09.9. Meanwhile in Wexford you can fill up at the ESSO near the start of the Rosslare road for about €1.26! :eek: Or you could drive half a mile and save 8 cent a ltr.

Mike.
    I bet there are idiots filling up there too! :eek:

I noticed Texaco as well, I've a feeling its gone.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Shame, as it was so handy where it was located.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Statoil released their prices today for the coming week for their cardholders and it is 1.06 a litre for petrol so thats what we should be expecting at the pumps...just goes to show you how much we are being ripped off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

111.9 for unleaded in several Dublin agarages today.

Imagine Urlingford! :eek: Roadtrip!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sizzler wrote:
    Statoil released their prices today for the coming week for their cardholders and it is 1.06 a litre

Did you read that somewhere on the web or where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

testicle wrote:
    Motorcard is currently 110.1, find somewhere to beat that!

Mace- Ennis Road Limerick 109.00 petrol or diesel, Independents??

what harm but it was a straight drop from 118.9 when I filled the car 2 days before

Sh1t!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

mike65 wrote:

Nah - that used to be one of the busiest stations in the city. It was always competitive on price and the place was rarely empty. They used to have tankers in there every couple of days filling the tanks. Maybe its a problem with the tanks they installed last year???

Well you could be right but Texaco are closing stations.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

the Mace was ESSO until 6 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

JHMEG wrote:
    Did you read that somewhere on the web or where?
    I have a statoil fuel card and they email us the prices for the coming week every weds :)

Is that a service you have to pay €10 a year for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

not sure if its been said already, only read the first few posts but an Esso rep told my Mam a day after the terrorist scare in Heathrow that petrol prices would take a drop soon because people (americans mostly, not british) will be scared to fly. Less people flying means a decrease in demand, means a decrease in price.

That's what he said would happen anyway, came from head office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

109.9 in maxol; Newbridge, Diesel is 107.9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sizzler wrote:
    I have a statoil fuel card and they email us the prices for the coming week every weds :)

I have the card too (just arrived today). I didn't get an email tho!

Maybe next week :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement