Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Pavilion dv8308TX

• 21-08-2006 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

iam thinking of buying this laptop for about 1500euro for gaming, what do you think, is the graphic card ok etc? is the Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2250 any good? is a core duo better that a single cpu? and has anyone else bought HP laptops before?
    http://www.digitalcity.net.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=2652#features

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Core Duo is great for multitasking. At the moment for games though a faster single core would be better, but the Core Duo @1.7 will still do fine for games anyway. For general usage the Core Duo is better also.

The video card is also good - ideal for gaming actually. You won't get a better card then that unless you go for a really bulky laptop. It can run titles like FEAR, Bf2, CS Source etc at high or close to high settings.

Overall it's a good gaming machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Where are you getting this laptop from? at the 1500 euros price? I have the Pentium 4 HT version of this and its great! other then the screen its the best laptop I have come across! I have been looking around for this but haven't come across the 1500 price! it's more like >1800

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

iam getting it in australia, iam hear for one year, and cos iam leaving i get my tax back(10%) on every thing i buy here, so iam getting about 200 euro off it. whats the "Pentium 4 HT version" like, whats its spec?

so u reckon i should et the laptop, iam just not sure of the video card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The video card is great! Its above normal for most laptops and hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

clansman wrote:
    iam getting it in australia, iam hear for one year, and cos iam leaving i get my tax back(10%) on every thing i buy here, so iam getting about 200 euro off it. whats the "Pentium 4 HT version" like, whats its spec?

so u reckon i should et the laptop, iam just not sure of the video card?

If its for gaming do NOT get the P4 HT. They have terrible overheating issues, and run way too hot generally speaking anyway. Go with a Core Duo or Pentium M.

• Advertisement
Advertisement