Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital TV or Cable TV in drogheda...

Options
  • 21-08-2006 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise who supplies this to the drogheda area? i cant get Sky as i dont have a phone line and wont be getting one in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Chorus supply cable TV in Drogheda. http://www.chorus.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

lazygit wrote:
    Can anyone advise who supplies this to the drogheda area? i cant get Sky as i dont have a phone line and wont be getting one in...

I got Sky digital in and i dont have a phone line, a company called TM Satellite put a leaflet through my door when i moved in so i went with them, ive had no problems. I dont have the number unfortunately.
    I heard Chorus are terrible, reception is meant to be rubbish..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I have Chorus digital (MMDS) in the living room but also have an aerial on the roof to get all the UK and ROI channels in 5 different rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

dont get chorus!! every time it rains the thing just stops... they are useless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

lazygit wrote:

That can be bypassed. Go to any reputable TV dealer (like loopyloulou has mentioned), they will do it. You can get Sky+, if you so desire.
    Free-to-air satellite is an option too, as all the BBC and ITV channels operate with Sky's encryption. For a one-off fee (~€200) you get a decent range of FTA channels, for no ongoing cost.

Lidl sell them too, coming next week. http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060831.p.DigitalSatelliteSystem
    the guys on the Satellite forum seem to think this is a good system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement