Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a corset in Dublin/Ireland

• 21-08-2006 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello all,
    If someone could help me out with this I'd be very grateful.:D
    Im getting my SSIA soon and Ive decided to spend the whole lot on some things that Ive always wanted but havent been able to afford for one reason or another. One of the things on my list is a corset.
    Now, I mean a proper victorian style corset you can wear out with a skirt or jeans or whatever, basically something really nice and classy and properly made. Im willing to spend a few hundred if necessary as Ive always wanted one and now is my ideal opportunity.
    Theres plenty of online places, mainly UK based like Vollers that do beautiful corsets. What Im asking is is there any where here in good ol' ireland that stocks them, or even a dedicated corset maker.
    I think that they are just beautiful things on women, just look at Dita Von Teese? Theyre a fashion item and arent just to nip in the waist, although they can give a great shape to just about anyone so they are not just for the super skinny like so many clothes are these days. Ive seen a hand made corset made by a UK based corsetier and it was just a stunning thing.
    Anyway, if anyone knows of somewhere here in Ireland that I could look in to please do post here and help me out.
    Thanks folks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Try Brown Thomas maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Any of the lingerie shops, there are a couple on William street south who sell corsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know I'm a little late, but try Miss Fantasia, behind the Green. FAB corsets, really well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Go to Raccoco just beside the westbrey (spl) mall, and also costume just across from the powerscourt shopping centre. Both always have a large selection of corsets, that are made properly and are boned, so worth the extra expense rather than one from the hightstreet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

See what I said here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52037371&postcount=2

My vote goes to Miss Fantasia. The corsets are beautiful, wonderfully made, have proper steel boning and will last forever.

I've found that Rococco (as mentioned above beside the Westbury Mall) have corsets that I would think of as more for debs and balls than just for general wear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement