Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meshuggah?

• 21-08-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Simple enough really, which Meshuggah album to start with? Also appreciate any thoughts on the band & reasons why you vote for these albums!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Chaosphere was my first ... based purely on a video for New Millenium Cyanide Christ on Google Video ...
    ... then Catch 33, and then I.

Still I can listen to NMCC over and over again and not get bored, the 'climax' is fupping amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Haha that video is class :)
    Been meaning to get into these guys myself, cheers for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

"Nothing" and "Catch 33" are both excellent albums. "I" is amazing (my favourite of all their stuff) but maybe not the best place to start. It's very different from anything else they've done so you'd be setting yourself up for a shock if you ever decided to buy more stuff after it. I would recommend "Nothing" to start with and work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, I started with Nothing, but I thought "Catch 33" and "I" were better. Either way, you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I only really liked Destroy Erase Improve. It my be more accessible too. I don't hold the band in a very high regard at all TBH. They're quite popular though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was their song Terminal Illusions that got me into the band. That song is off Destroy Erase Improve. The only album of theirs I really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Destroy Erase Improve & Catch 33 are the best. followed by I & Chaosphere. i dont know Nothing that well, so i wont comment on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've only got Nothing, I and Catch 33. I should really get some of their older stuff at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Catch 33 is the best cd. If you don't like catch 33 you probably wouldn't like any of their other stuff either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I got Destroy Erase Improve then I then Chaosphere so far, and so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I got chaosphere to start off with, then moved backwards, then the nothing album came out, got that, wasnt too into it, got very bored with it.

Chaosphere and Destroy Erase Improve.

If you can get your hands on Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, you'll more than likely be into it if you're into Meshuggah.

Excellent band, one of my favourites definatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I think people either prefer their destroy erase improve sound or their newer nothing/catch 33 sound. I like the older stuff, but prefer the nothing kinda stuff grinding polyrhythm stuff. Although "War" still kicks major amounts of ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I have Catch 33 and I. Both fantastic. Haven't heard much of their older stuff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

i have "none" "contradictions collapse" "Nothing" and "I".all are great,there is something different on every album,great band all around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

My first taste was with 'I'.
    Have to say I was apprehensive with it being only one song. But when I gave it a chance, I was blown away.
    Amazing stuff altoghether.

Advertisement