Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Me again

• 21-08-2006 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

Remember ages ago i was talking about my girlfriend breaking up with me? da da da.

Well i got a txt off her last night saying she knew all about me cheating when we were together and stuff and she hopes i have a miserable life and i'm a pr*ck. This has been over for months now. Whats she playing at? I think she was drunk. Why would she be thinking about that stuff now.

The thing is, do i reply? as i'll undoubtedly bump into her at some stage and i want to minimize the aggro..

Help!

Comments

just ignore her. if she cares enough to bring it up in person at some point, deal with it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

She was probably drunk, but tbh it's never too late to give someone abuse for cheating.

If it's the truth then let it be. Attempting to apologise or condone it will make you look even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah ignore her. She wants to get an apoogy/rise out of you, but fúck her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

out of interest, did you cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Epicpriest wrote:
    Remember ages ago i was talking about my girlfriend breaking up with me? da da da.

Well i got a txt off her last night saying she knew all about me cheating when we were together and stuff and she hopes i have a miserable life and i'm a pr*ck. This has been over for months now. Whats she playing at? I think she was drunk. Why would she be thinking about that stuff now.

The thing is, do i reply? as i'll undoubtedly bump into her at some stage and i want to minimize the aggro..

Help!

Sounds like she was drunk tbh. Ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah ! Ignore it.
    If ever comes up, say U never got the text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I had an ex text me after 6 months saying her mother had a cancer scare and it was my fault.
    i just ignored it... if i had answered it wouldnt have bene worth the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Epicpriest wrote:
    The thing is, do i reply?

The stuff people worry about. She is fúcking with your head and loving it.

Dont reply. Do delete text, do delete number.

Why are you annoying yourself with this?

K-

Deleting her number and all her contact details is very necessary.
    Afterall, U don't want to be contacting her after U have had
    a lorry load of drink !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Kell wrote:
    The stuff people worry about. She is fúcking with your head and loving it.

Dont reply. Do delete text, do delete number.

Why are you annoying yourself with this?

K-
    How heartless you all are.. this girl was hurt by you and still has feeling for you.. and perhaps you still have feelings for her.. that is why you are asking the question. btw.. Did you cheat (didnt see the orignal thread)
    Try a little compassion and honesty

• Advertisement

gubby wrote:
    How heartless you all are.. this girl was hurt by you and still has feeling for you.. and perhaps you still have feelings for her.. that is why you are asking the question. btw.. Did you cheat (didnt see the orignal thread)
    Try a little compassion and honesty
    She doesn't want compassion and honesty. She needs to move on and maybe now that she's vented, she will. Best to leave things alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

The reason i'm asking is because i don't want things to be akward when i see her out. She was high maintenance. Hard to get on with. But i do know that she loved me. A lot. So why would she be bringing this stuff up now is all i want to know. A friend met her last night and she was very drunk, and she was blabbing about going out with some fella who's gonna be famous r something.. obviously knowing it would get back to me... whats that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

gubby wrote:
    How heartless you all are..

What? Sorry? You would prefer to be pestered by an ex than get on with your life without such hassles? Thats really quite intelligent. Go gubby.

If he did or didnt cheat is irrelevant as an explanation of her actions. At the end of the day he received an abusive text from an ex. Extend her compassion? I dont think so.
    EpicPriest wrote:
    obviously knowing it would get back to me... whats that about?

Who cares? You pointed out that she was high maintenance and difficult to get on with. Why are you stressing about this? Why arent you relishing in the fact that you are rid of her?

K-

Dude, it's on her side whether things are awkward now and I doubt anything you can text back will change that. Bumping into exes is often awkward. That's just how it is. Seriously, forget it unless she brings it up in person when she's sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

gubby wrote:
    How heartless you all are..

No, it is the best, least painful thing to do for all concerned. Why pick at the scabs of a wound, it wont heal.

Gubby: You don't know the dynamics of the realtionship to assume he was the person who hurt her.
    It over for months and the text was not very compassionate.
    Don't judge until you know the whole story

She broke up with me, because i didn't have the balls to do it. It's been over for months now. I thought it was all forgotten about. Obviously not. I'm gonna ignore the txt. It sounds like she is still hurting a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

seamus wrote:
    She was probably drunk, but tbh it's never too late to give someone abuse for cheating.

So true!

Epicpriest wrote:
    So why would she be bringing this stuff up now is all i want to know.

Because you were a c*nt who treated her badly and she wants you to know that you hurt her.

You obviously don't give a sh*t that cheating on her has upset her....it might take her some time to get over that. You betrayed her trust so she might be feeling that for a while man.

Granted your a spineless prick but at least have the sense to realise that would ya? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dragan wrote:
    Because you were a c*nt who treated her badly and she wants you to know that you hurt her.

You obviously don't give a sh*t that cheating on her has upset her....it might take her some time to get over that. You betrayed her trust so she might be feeling that for a while man.

Granted your a spineless prick but at least have the sense to realise that would ya? ;)

I almost felt like I was typing this out of my own brain as I read it.

:D

Granted I would have been a bit more tactful.....nah who am I kidding, I agree with what Dragan said.

Dragan wrote:

Fair enough, so what do i say to her? I don't want her feeling this way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Say nothing. Its over and just leave it at that. No point replying and getting into a txt fight. You will just end up feeling like crap. She was probably drunk and doesn’t remember sending it so just leave it.

Epicpriest wrote:
    She broke up with me, because i didn't have the balls to do it. It's been over for months now. I thought it was all forgotten about. Obviously not. I'm gonna ignore the txt. It sounds like she is still hurting a bit.
    Good. ignore it.

Kiera wrote:
    Say nothing. Its over and just leave it at that. No point replying and getting into a txt fight. You will just end up feeling like crap. She was probably drunk and doesn’t remember sending it so just leave it.

Bingo.....i don't think there is anything you can do at this point to make her feel better man, maybe just better to leave it be.

I imagine that any apology you made will sound empty to her anyway....so best to just ignore it. As said by Kiera chances are she was very drunk at the time.

She'll get over it in time i imagine. People do.

And to be honest, what you want doesn't come into it. She will feel how she feels. Simple as.

But if she thinks that stuff, and she is sending horrible text sayings she hopes i miserable! what am i supposed to do? she's gonna be telling everyone stuff about me that probably not true. i haven't admitted to anything here by the way, i'm just seeing what people will be thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Froggie101

but did you actually cheat?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well if you did cheat on her, she is more than likely feeling a bit in the dumps. Best thing you can do is leave her alone to do her own thing. If she's bad mouthing you. Then fair enough. But I sure people will know she's just doing it to get back at you.

If you didn't cheat on her and she is just being a physco. Then ignore her and if she is spreading roumers about you. Just reply with she is gone physco. But stay well away from her. Unless she has going in stalking mode. Then just call the cops on her.

this has all just gotten out of hand. is there nothing i can do to ease the situation? it's just ugly. i was listening to roumers from others, so was she, and we weren't actualy talking so everything just got stirred up

Epicpriest wrote:
    But if she thinks that stuff, and she is sending horrible text sayings she hopes i miserable! what am i supposed to do? she's gonna be telling everyone stuff about me that probably not true. i haven't admitted to anything here by the way, i'm just seeing what people will be thinking.

Nothing, until you know that she is talking **** about you. If you did cheat and screw her over like that then you deserve what is coming to ya, once she is telling the truth.

Your not actually worried that she is still upset, your just worried that she will blacken your name.

If you cheated then it's time to pay the piper dude. If she spreads lies about you then confront her, until then i suggest you take whats coming to ya!! ;)

Stop asking the same question over and over. We’ve all told you what to do but you don’t seem to want to listen to us. Are you waiting for someone to say “yeah txt her back and let us know what happened”?

Just leave it. Its over. Stop reading into things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Epicpriest wrote:
    The reason i'm asking is because i don't want things to be akward when i see her out. She was high maintenance. Hard to get on with. But i do know that she loved me. A lot. So why would she be bringing this stuff up now is all i want to know. A friend met her last night and she was very drunk, and she was blabbing about going out with some fella who's gonna be famous r something.. obviously knowing it would get back to me... whats that about?

You don't seem to understand people too well. People often hurt for ages after a break up - especially if the other person was cheating. People dwell on stuff from their past more than they should.

You shouldn't get dragged into a slagging match but you need to realise that things you do to people in a relationship can affect them for a long time after. The slate doesn't just get wiped clean after the relationship is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

She obviously still wants you very bad, she hasn't gotten over you yet. Hmm, how about play the stupid card and text back asking her who she is, that'd really piss her off.

I am worried about what she's thinking. I never wanted anything to be like this, but you make mistakes in relationships and i did, so did she. But it's been over a while now, i am listening to what you're all saying, thats why i asked. She originally cheated on her ex with me, and then we were together a coupla of months before she broke up with him. Thats cheating also isn't it?

So now you want us to say how much of a bitch she is so you can txt her back and let her know?

Why cant you just leave it? You seem to be egging for a fight with her and are looking for us to tell you that you are right and she is wrong.

Kiera wrote:
    So now you want us to say how much of a bitch she is so you can txt her back and let her know?

Why cant you just leave it? You seem to be egging for a fight with her and are looking for us to tell you that you are right and she is wrong.

Not at all. I don't want to fight with her, i just want to understand that we were together, it didn't work out, a lot of mistakes were made... move on. If she's apparently after meeting this great guy and her life is great now after breaking up with me, why is she hassling me with horrible texts months after the breakup? She's not getting this right now with me not talking to her or asking about her.

Just take it that she was pissed and that’s that. You haven’t heard from her since so let it go. Please just leave it you are sounding very needy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Just ignore her texts, how hard can it be? she will get tired of sending texts if there is no reply.

Kiera wrote:
    Just take it that she was pissed and that’s that. You haven’t heard from her since so let it go. Please just leave it you are sounding very needy right now.

What are you on about? I got a horrible text out of the blue, i'm not needy at all, i don't want to be with her anymore, and haven't since before we broke up. I just wanted some advice. And i got it. needy.... i wonder where that came from.

You are going on and on about the same thing even tho everyone has answered your question on “what should I do”

You are now sounding like someone who needs loads of attention. If you want to txt her back then do it. Stop repeating yourself.

Anyway. Thanks for the advice. I'll leave it at that. She probably saw me and then she was drinking and decided to have a go at me is all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Epicpriest wrote:

my ex cheated on me 9 months ago and i still hope to god he dies roaring. i have told him this but i no longer feel the need to text him and tell him, just give her time but dont reply to the text and its probably to try and make sure you dont bump in to her when she is drunk it could be very messy ;)

• Advertisement

3 pages ...

And he still hasn't got the message !

irishbird wrote:
    my ex cheated on me 9 months ago and i still hope to god he dies roaring.

Man, that's pretty fierce, i have to say though, i like your style!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Dragan wrote:

The king reckons you're too harsh here.
    I'm not condoning cheating but it's not a hanging offence.
    the chap is entitled to get on with things in peace

OP - ignore her she'll go away.

You still haven't said if YOU cheated! Surely you can mange to avoid her if you wanted, although by the sound of it you still miss her. Stupid post breakup texts wouldn't bother you otherwise

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Dragan wrote:
    Man, that's pretty fierce, i have to say though, i like your style!!!! :D

yeah,l dont cross me - i just returned his driving test date back to sender marked "unknown at this address" today - ooopppssss looks like he isnt getting that promotion this year again :D

The king reckons you're too harsh here.
    I'm not condoning cheating but it's not a hanging offence.

Dragan don't care what the King thinks, truth be told.

Cheating on someone the OP knew loved him at the time is pretty damn low. He really doesn't care about that...he's not actually sorry at all. He just doesn't want her mad at him.

To be honest OP, you kinda deserve whatever hardship is coming your way from it if you did cheat on her.

You betrayed her trust man, thats low. If someone betrayed my trust then their f*cking dead to me and it's that simple. So to be honest if i was you i would be counting myself lucky. The odd drunken text is a small price to pay, Karma considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

irishbird wrote:
    yeah,l dont cross me - i just returned his driving test date back to sender marked "unknown at this address" today - ooopppssss looks like he isnt getting that promotion this year again :D
    And you seemed like such a nice person at the beers... :eek:

irishbird wrote:

*chuckles* I like it.

Advertisement