Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone studying

Options
  • 21-08-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭

Just like the title says, I'll go first!
    I'm starting in UCD next month as a mature student. I'll be studying Arts, I had intended to take History and Arabic but unfortunately the Arabic lecturer died over the summer so I'm rethinking my choice of subjects at the moment.
    What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

hi frank,
    I am also starting college this year as a mature student i will be in tallaght IT studying engineering cant wait to start........

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I am studying at the NWIFHE in Derry, doing a HND in architectural technology. When this is completed, I intend to pursue the degree in Letterkenny Institute of Technology. Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Best of luck to you both! (And anyone else who hasn't posted :))

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

I am going to be in NUIG studying undenominated engineering

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Hi Frank,

Just finished a BSc.(hons) in Computer Services Management at Letterkenny IT, managed to get first class honours.

Starting a H.Dip. in Financial Services Technology in September at LYIT. This course is run in conjunction with two large local employers, and most of the people who completed this course last year have managed to obtain full time employment with one of the companies. So fingers crossed !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Going into 3rd year of an evening business / IT degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Hopefully will be starting a part time Bachelor (Hons) Business & Psychology in Dublin Business School as a mature student.

Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Starting undenomenated engineering in NUIG 2006 year. Equally freaked out and looking forward to it!

Good luck everyone with your college time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm starting a one year business diploma in business studies at night in dbs. Planning on going on to do the degree after.

Which means I'll be studying at night for the next 4 years. Hehe, we're all doing it the hard way!! :)

Best of luck to everyone in your studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Going into 2nd year Arts Evening course in UCD, doing Archaeology and Clasics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Just finished a BA in NUIM. I did Philosophy, Anthropology and Maths Studies in first year. I dropped Anthro in second year, and Philosophy for third year, replacing it with Stats. So I just graduated with a double first in Maths Studies and Stats at age 46. I wanted to continue with an MA this year, but it seems I'm too late applying. I miss college already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Business Studies Y4, Athlone I.T.

Its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Going into 2nd year Law in UCC. (Evening degree)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

First year of four for a nursing degree. It's weird to be back at school and be old enough to be a parent to about half the people in the class.:eek:
    But it's also really, really fun to be studying and taking tests again. Now if only I could find a way to enjoy poverty........

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Entering directly into y2 of programming course in LIT, had to sit two bridging exams and got results today. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I've started my second year in UCD, on the arts degree, but I got into the Mode 1 english, so it is mainly pure English now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kayohore

Starting Computer Science in TCD this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Having finished my Cert then Diploma in training and Education I started the degree (started today!!) through distance education. 2 Years to go so halfway there...

Advertisement