Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next rounds?

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

im really confused. I got 400 in the LC and the course i want is 420. i checked back on 2005 points and points for courses seem to drop as the rounds go by. ive seen courses drop 60 points. so as round 2 round 3 comes could i still have a chance of getting my course then? if it drops. can anyone help please.. i dont know what to do about accepting or to get my papers rechecked.. thnx x x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

Theoretically the points for your course could drop to 400, or even less, in later rounds, it depends on how many people who were offered it this morning defer for a year, don't accept the course at all or opt for a level 6/7 course instead (if the course we're talking about is level 8). Although, it's recommended by CAO that any offer you receive should be considered as if it's your last. You can always accept the course offered to you (assuming you were offered a lower preference) and then see if you get a higher preference on later rounds.

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Go view your papers with an experienced teacher.. give your school a ring anf they'll let ya know what to do.

It all depends on the demand for the course.. the amount of applicants and the amount of places. Chances are the points could drop and you may be accepted 2nd round..but then on the other hand they may not!

Have you been offered anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

A good thing to do is find the lists that say what that specific course dropped to in the final round - and if possible what round it went to - some courses might be full after the second others may continue to the 7th or 8th - my course regularly goes to the 8th or 9th round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Scraggs wrote:
    Go view your papers with an experienced teacher.. give your school a ring anf they'll let ya know what to do.

It all depends on the demand for the course.. the amount of applicants and the amount of places. Chances are the points could drop and you may be accepted 2nd round..but then on the other hand they may not!

Have you been offered anything else?

i hope it does.. :( yeah i got offered my 3rd choice and i just accepted it incase i ended up with nothing lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

A good thing to do is find the lists that say what that specific course dropped to in the final round - and if possible what round it went to - some courses might be full after the second others may continue to the 7th or 8th - my course regularly goes to the 8th or 9th round.

i can never find what round they get to lol! just says final round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Try ringing the exams helpline - they should probably have that info.
    CAO site might also have it

This is a long shot (a lot of colleges don't like to advertise how long it takes them to fill courses) but trying ringing the programme office for the course you want and ask them.

Advertisement