Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help? Who ya gonna call....Exam helpline!

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I've just been reading through some of the threads and can see the amount of people that are confused about CAO, points, offers and the various rounds.

While boards can be a great place to get advice on these things you can't be guaranteed s 100% correct answer so why not try the professionals...

....Advice on all third level courses, the points systems, apprenticeships and further training will be available for all students and parents by dialling the
    Exam Helpline at FreeFone 1800 265 165.
    The Exam Helpline is an important source of guidance and reassurance for students and parents alike. Staffed at any one time by eight qualified members of the Institute of Guidance Counsellors, the Exam Helpline is expected to handle thousands of queries from all over the country, and will be available on the following dates:
    Wednesday, August 15 - 12noon -10pm;
    Thursday, August 16 - 10am - 10pm and Friday, August 17 - 10am - 10pm.

The Exam Helpline will also operate during the CAO first round offers for Third Level places on the following dates: Tuesday, August 21 - 12noon -10pm; Wednesday, August 22 - 10am - 10pm and Thursday, August 23 -10am 10pm.

I've rang them myself in the past and they are very friendly and helpful!

Good luck everyone:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Other useful links for ye

Here for clearing places in th UK/Wales/Scotland

Here for CAO vacant places [not available at the moment]

List of PL courses

and also try getting in contact with your schools guidance Counsellor

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ah its a UCD head.. Luckily I got my place.. Do you work for the helpline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Shrimp wrote:
    ah its a UCD head.. Luckily I got my place.. Do you work for the helpline?
    No I dont, its only 'coz I've seen all the bad/incorrect advice being thrown about the place:rolleyes:

Advertisement