Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend method of ripping out hedges

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have 40 year old Ligustrum ovalifolium hedge and I want to rip it out of the ground. Can anyone recommend a method that doesn't mean I have to rent a digger? I'm trying to do this on a budget and quickly. I have a contractor coming in next week. I know I could ask him but once again budget.

I have tried the silly method of tying a rope around the hedge base and to the car and all I did was burn rubber.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Shovel and pick until you can see the roots, then use a mattock or sharp slasher to cut the roots and pull out.
    If you don't want a machine to do it be prepared for a lot of hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Call a tree surgeon with a mulcher. They will remove and mulch the hedge, and if you want you can keep the mulch, or pay them to take it away.

Advertisement