Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Advice??

Options
  • 21-08-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

This is my first post so go easy!!!

I got 520 in the leaving and i was really happy but the course i wanted to do was 545!!

I no should be happy with what i got but what should i do??

Repeat,, do someting else???

any advice would be appricated! is anyone else in the same position???

Thanks

BeBop!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

First of all, go view your papers with an experienced teacher you might go up in points!

What area are you interested in? Have you been offered anything else?

Like for example if you do B.science you can go into pharmacy as a post grad and the same for plenty of other courses.

Also perhaps give the Exam helpline a ring ..there are trained guidance counsellors who know all the options available. Theres a thread with the no. somewhere on this forum.

:)

EDIT: would you consider studying in England/Wales/Scotland? There often are many clearing places available and with your points there is a good chance you could get something. Have a look at www.ucas.com for info [its like the English CAO]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Its up to you.
    How badly do ya wanna do your course, I couldnt stand to go through 6th yr. again. You may get a recheck and the points may go down in round 2. You could take a year out or just do a different course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

bebop!: I just posted on a similar thread, started by d4gurl, general gist being to think about how much you really want the course you missed out on, and the level of effort you put in. If you put in very little, chances are you'd go up by putting in some work next time around, y'know, but on the other hand, if you did your best, you can't ask for more.. anyway, the post is there if you'd like to read it. I'm repeating anyway, so if you need some help/advice on the matter, drop us a PM ;)

Advertisement