Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Philips DVDR3300H - watch and record?

• 21-08-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Quick question...

Will I be able to watch one channel and record another with this machine. I'm thinking of getting one from Currys (€325)

I have basic Chorus cable in the apt.

Thanks

D>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I would not think so unless it has two tuners.

I would say you could record one programme and watch an already recorded program or a DVD at the same time.

Unless of course, you record one programme on the DVDR and watch a different programme on the TV tuner.

For the purposes of recording, all Digital TV (NTL/Chorus/Sky) channels should be considered one single channel.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

mmm - that's not good - so how come when I used a vhs recorder, I could record a different channel than the one I was watching?? I don't see the point of being able to record something if i can only watch it and nothing else during recording??...am I missing something ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

When recording a programme off a Sat or Cable receiver your are limited to watching that channel only for the duration of the recording. If you had the Irish terrestrial channels fed to your TV via aerial the these could be viewed at all times when recording.
    If you have no Aerial connection in the apt you could try and source a "rabbit ear" aerial from the likes of maplins. These can be very hit and mis with reception though depending on what part of the country your using them. Worth checking out if the seller agrees on a full refund if not satisfied.

Hope this helps.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DonalN wrote:
    mmm - that's not good - so how come when I used a vhs recorder, I could record a different channel than the one I was watching?? I don't see the point of being able to record something if i can only watch it and nothing else during recording??...am I missing something ???

I think in that cause you are using your tv to watch while your vcr records.

I've my dvd recorder set up so that when it records I watch the TV's signal.

Its just a mater of getting the inputs set up. I think it goes areial to dvd. I've an areial out from the dvd that goes into the tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

kearnsr wrote:
    I think in that cause you are using your tv to watch while your vcr records.

Exactly, unless the VCR has two tuners built in, which though possible, I doubt.

L.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nereid wrote:
    Exactly, unless the VCR has two tuners built in, which though possible, I doubt.

L.

Most vcrs and dvd recorders have an input for the areial and out put for the areial. You just loop it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

that's great - thanks or the info guys - I'll be making my purchase this week...thanks again!

Advertisement