Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of motivation. Ideas?

• 21-08-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi

Ok I need your best ideas of how to concentrate on work.

I have always been good at getting my head down to work especially for exams (deadline, cramming) and stuff. But this year is different i am doing research and work when i want how want etc with no almost no guidance and an extreamly laid back supervisor who i havent seen in months!

The thing is i am so easily distracted now and just love the internet. I am always thinking and planning for the future when im finished (Potential Businesses, Traveling)

I am aware of the irony of posting this on boards where i waste a lot of time reading!!

So does anyone have any mental idea stimulous that i can stick in my head and get me motivated. Deadlins and fear were usually great motivating factors but i dont care anymore.

Cheers
    Woodaaa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

yeah click the x at your screen and dont go online have some inner strength , im working a ****ty job im not working to say as im trying to make a better future for your self think how looky you are to have a good job that you sounf like you enjoy compared to others who wnat to get somne and will but it takes them more time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 woodaaa

The thing is i just cant click off as i need the internet for research and info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've got the same problem studying for repeats (4 feckin exams in about 2 weeks!). rather then force myself into study, i just do it bit-by-bit each day. set yourself a goal to do an hour or two every day, then when the deadline comes up, you'll have a fair bit done, and whatever's left to do you'll have enough motivation by the mere days left to get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

I used to be like you until i said enough. what i did was set myself times. i woke up, had breakfast and started working with my diploma, until lunchtime. after that free the rest of the day.

If you do this everyday u'll be doing ur stuff while enjoying urself, just set times for each thing.

Just don't open ur email, or the forums u post in until ur finished with ur daily thing. That did for me, and did well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ration your Internet play. Use it as a reward after you have accomplished some work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 woodaaa

just got one hell of a deadline 10 days to catch up on a years worth of work and to have a hundred page draft written hmmm this should focous my mind il post back on how i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

woodaaa wrote:
    just got one hell of a deadline 10 days to catch up on a years worth of work and to have a hundred page draft written hmmm this should focous my mind il post back on how i do.

not so much of a deadline to not post about it here eh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is difficult sometimes with the amount of distractions, I find myself making out a schedule of what I need to get done and stick to it, seems to do the job for me. Good luck.

Advertisement