Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Courses? please help.

Options
  • 21-08-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

i dont know if this is in the right place. i didnt wanna put it in the college section , cuz then id have to put it in a load of them for the different colleges. if its in the wrong place let me know. anyways..

im goin into 6th year soon , and have decided that when i leave school i`d like to be a music teacher , seein as how the rockstar job is quickly seeming to become out of the question:rolleyes: i was just wondering , where would be the best place to go to for music courses in a college. i was checking out the site for Trinity but it wasnt availabe , and in UCD it was going on about Choir singing and all. what i would like is to go somewhere that would teach things on guitar & bass (i play the former and dabble in the latter) ((fancy words i got there:p ))and piano/keyboard and drums too . if drums are possible to play in a college course.

i wouldnt mind having to study classical music and classical composers , but not all the time & i dont want to do choir stuff , because , im into blues and punk and rock and all stuff like that, so it would be of no use to me.

im learning guitar scales and am gonna get a keyboard in september hopefully , and learn on that , but im not great at writing my own music.

anyone know a place that offers something like this , in Dublin?

thanx for yur help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd say Ballyfermot Senior College would be your best bet for a music course that focuses on more contemporary genres than classical. Also have a look at DIT's website and the Dun Laoghaire colleges (there's a few of them so just start off by googling the key words dun laoghaire college). If you decide to go away to study, Cork's Colaiste Stiofain Naofa has exactly the course you want - Music Management and Sound. Fab college. Went there meself. And it can only have improved since. But Ballyfermot is very similar if you're dead set on staying in Dublin.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rampart

wow , thanx soo much. youve been really helpful. ill check them out right now:D

Advertisement