Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic Knife Rack..

• 21-08-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Take it this is the right forum... Does anyone know where i can get one???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Got ours in a supermarket in Portugal a few years back for a few euro. Wife saw them recently in Arnotts in the knife block section.
    Brillant invention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Online, you'll get them no problem...pretty much anywhere that sells kitchen stuff.

Google is your friend, but amazon or the like should sort you out if you're not bothered about hunting down the best price.

If you're talking about where in shops in Ireland...I've no idea, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's a kitchenware shop on Chatham Street (opposite Neary's) that would almost certainly have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i think that place is called "stock"

there's another one in Jervis Centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

MiCr0 wrote:
    i think that place is called "stock"

there's another one in Jervis Centre

Stock is on South King Street.
    You may get a knife rack there too.
    But the place on Chatham Street is better IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Fingalian wrote:
    Got ours in a supermarket in Portugal a few years back for a few euro. Wife saw them recently in Arnotts in the knife block section.
    Brillant invention.

Found them in Arnotts.. €7 for a long one or €7 for a small one.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bought a few of them, saw them online for between €20-40!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Make sure your knives are magnetic first! good quality stainless steel is not magnetic, so if you have good knives chances are they are not magnetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would take a bet that all good quality knives are magnetic.
    I have seen Victorinox, Wusthof, Global, and Henckels to name a few decent knives all stuck to a Magnetic rack.
    I think that you may be getting confused with Austenitic stainless which is 300 series stainless, (304-316 etc) these have a high nickel content and are generally non-magnetic
    Most quality stainless knives have a high carbon content and are quite strongly magnetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You are probably right so, I have never checked good quality knives. The most rust-resistant stainless is the non-magnetic type, I presumed good knives would be made of that. The lack of carbon may make them softer, and so would not stay sharp as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Rack worked a treat, same rack, different box in House of Fraiser is e58.... Madness

• Advertisement
Advertisement