Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"Spliceable" CODECs?

• 21-08-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Still going through the nightmare of this analog conversion.

I thought that MPEG 2 was "spliceable". But it seems that it is not, at least not with VirtualDub MPEG2 anyway.

Im pretty sure thats not the correct terminology, but anyway. I want to be able to slice and dice my video stream without reprocessing. Any codecs that do this? Aside from huffy and MJPEG :)

I think Xvid does, im thankful for any suggestions, I need to get cracking on this.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It really depends on what editing software you're using, and what codecs that software supports. I don't use Virtual Dub myself so I don't much about it. AVI's are normally the most editable, saying that AVI can use hundreds of different codecs, so it's a hard one. I know HuffYUV is a codec that avid will read quite happily.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

bugger bugger bugger. Ill try different software and see if it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Mpeg-Vcr is good for that.

http://womble.com/download/

Advertisement