Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year civil engineers

Options
  • 21-08-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

So anybody here doing civil engineering? Thought I might get to know a few people here. Have to say I am looking forward to it. It will be tough but exciting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've just done 1st undenominated, but I took all the civil Engineering modules and am going into 2nd engineering. If you think it's going to be tough you might be in for a nice suprise, it's pretty much a doddle, I'd never done T-drawing before, that was the only think I had any bother with, otherwise you will get away with minimal work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 spudmurf2k

here, eng is grand if u did phys, chem, tech draw, app maths and obviously hon maths for the leavin. in that case, get ****ed all first semester and most of the second.

if u didn't do one or two of them, u'll have to do them, but they're not that taxing. u'll be at the induction day anyway i'm sure n u can ask one of us then anyway. i'm goin into second year mech from undenom and am of the opinion civil is gay. ;) he he he.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

most of my first term was a drunken haze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zedd

Ah yeah first year was a doddle! Im going into 2nd mech but all the guys i know who did civil in first year had no problems atall.

Depends on your attitude towards your studies really, if you want to do more than just pass the year theres a bit of work to be done but if your just going for your pass....go wild have a good time and ill be seeing you in the student bar:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

im going into first year chemical engineering...i think we are all(the engineering students) in the same classes...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

you can get a 1st and still booze your way though first year --- if you have done chemistry, physics in school and are halfway decent at maths.

is der much applied maths? cos i wasnt to great at that in school! barely passed the bloody subject! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Yeah, there's one whole module and a fair bit of overlap in physics and maths also.

ah sure dats al applied maths is realy...a mix of physics and maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ramfan5

Does anybody have any idea of the number of students that undertake civil engineering each year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement