Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Anyone Entering Final Arts- History

Options
  • 21-08-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Just a piece of news I heard from one of the tutors, I don't know if I'm just the last to know or somethin' (could happen) but it's the first I heard of it.

http://www.ucd.ie/historyarchives/student_info.htm

Check out the second news item in the above link. Looks like we have Christmas exams kids!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Hapy days, if we had chistmas exams last year I wouldn't have been repeating, possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Thank the stars I missed that one!!! Exams in the winter.... the whole season would be ruined for me!!

As it is though, we're expected to work over the Christmas break when we are doing the MA in archaeology.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    Thank the stars I missed that one!!! Exams in the winter.... the whole season would be ruined for me!!

As it is though, we're expected to work over the Christmas break when we are doing the MA in archaeology.... :(
    Likewise in the History MA.

Thank god we got out before this sh*t hit us as undergraduates tho.:D

If we'd had christmas exams last yr I wouldn't have got anywhere near a 2:1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

:confused: Surely every course in the University has Christmas exams now if we're going entirely modular? Where's Vainglory when you need her...*

* Other than Cuba, where she actually is right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not all courses are totally modular so some may not, some are completely still old I think and others like mine are transitional modularisation ie it's teh same as teh old course - not extra modules they just not call them modules (only reason i have christmas exams is because 3rd years always had finals then as we go on erasmus in january)

• Advertisement
Advertisement