Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Equipment

Options
  • 21-08-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well, I've been through every number (who answered) in the Golden Pages, and scoured Google.ie, to no avail. I just can't find anyone in Dublin (city centre being the ideal) to sell me safety glasses and ear defenders for my new clay pigeon shooting hobby. Does anybody know anywhere I may not have tried? Anywhere that actually had a clue what I was talking about said they wouldn't have any shooting gear in stock until September. :rolleyes:

If anyone knows of a place I could lay my hands on these items before 16:00 today (short notice, I know, but I didn't think it'd be such a difficulty to find somewhere myself), I'd very much appreciate it.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A building/trade supply store should have ear defenders and safety goggles

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garmac

Hi. Anywhere that sells safety equipment should do just fine. Peltor do some excellent ear defenders too that are widely available. Just make sure that the ear defenders aren't so bulky as to interfere with how you mount the gun i.e. you can still get your cheek close enough to the stock.
    Maybe you could try radionics too. They're not too far from town either. Have a look on www.radionics.ie in the health and safety section.
    They also do yellow lens safety glasses which are great on overcast days too.
    Happy shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Given that it's for 1600 today, I'd guess this is for some kind of corporate outing - in which case, the place should have the gear for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Sparks wrote:
    Given that it's for 1600 today, I'd guess this is for some kind of corporate outing - in which case, the place should have the gear for you.

Our survey said: UR-URRRR!! ;)

Nope, I just happen to be on flexi-time, and the shooting starts at 16:00. Nice day for it 'n all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Lucky git, and the sun splitting the rocks out there :D

• Advertisement

Any pharmacy sells them (for future reference! its only 11.38 here)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

You can get both handily delivered to your door on ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

demonloop wrote:
    You can get both handily delivered to your door on ebay!

Hmm....I vaguely remember last time I tried to register with eBay (admittedly, it was a long time ago), it was a colossal pain in the a55. Is it safe to say that the process has improved over the past 4 years?

Also, do they sell shoulder pads? Had a couple of bad mounts yesterday, and there's now a map of Africa on my shoulder. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Garibaldi wrote:
    Also, do they sell shoulder pads? Had a couple of bad mounts yesterday, and there's now a map of Africa on my shoulder. ;)

Try using a heavier gun or lighter loads, i find that aftermarket pads, if badly designed tend to snag clothing. what combo do you shoot with?

Hezz.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garmac

I got a clay shooting vest by Allen and it has a pocket on each shoulder to fit a gel pad which comes with the jacket. I found it made a big difference & snag free. Pockets hold 25 rds each too. Most clay jackets are the same too.
    Any gun shop around should have something fairly similar.
    http://www.allencompany.net/target%20and%20trap/2261.htm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement