Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloody sick feeling!!

• 21-08-2006 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone else get this problem....Basically, ive been stressed about things for a long time now, but ive always been like that. Thats not what im asking about though. Being stressed or feeling crap makes my stomach feel really sick. I often feel like im gonna throw up and even when i get hungry its not long till my stomach says No to that. Also, my stomach gets kind of tight if im anxious or stressed and it stays that way for ages and then it gets really acidy. Sometimes when im trying to sleep, i often wake with a really nervous stomach and then start panicking about being sick. Not looking for any medical advice here as Ive had tests done in the past to see if there is anything physically wrong and there is not. I just wanna know do others here get this and how do they deal with it and does it have any long term effects?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ive experienced the same thing from time to time. I think its just a side affect of stress/anxiousness. I havent had any long term affects from it but I do know a few people who have developed ulsers from constant worry.

If it continues to bother you perhaps go for another checkup to be sure.

Other than that... maybe work on whatever is stressing you out... stop it at the cause and all that.

I used to have similar trouble while sleeping so I started burning incense before bed. Works a treat for me... might be worth giving something like that a go.

Hope it works out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yeah I get headaches and sometimes and upset stomach when I'm highly stressed. Normally a cup of green tea (or just normal tea) does the trick in helping my stomach get back to normal. If its sleeping problems, have a look under Soc->Sleeping/Dreaming for some answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You should relax and not get stressed. Stress does nothing good, whatever will be will be and no amount of stressing will change that! Stressing is not healthy and releases cortisol into your system which is not good.

The link above has some methods to help lower stress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i have had that and it was called acid reflux.
    doctor gave me protium for it, it helped but it still comes back no and again.
    i stopped takin the tabs and now drinking gallons of milk a day and it does help.
    tes and coffee and fizzy drinks doesn help it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I have had this experience as well, in the not-too-distant past, and I sympathise, it's a horrible thing to go through. As you probably know yourself, it's a physical manifestation of a mental problem - stress, nervous anxiety, call it what you will.

The good news are that there are no long-term effects. However, it may be a while before you get over it - ppl just telling you to "relax" rarely has that effect. Only you know how best to take your mind off things and give yourself some breathing space. Once you do that, the pain will go away and you'll feel much better.

Now, I was in a slightly different position because I was depressed, so I took Seroxat (SRIs), which made be feel better about myself, which lessened the nervous tension etc etc. But I dunno if this is would help you, since you're not depressed, but stressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

I have had this experience as well, in the not-too-distant past, and I sympathise, it's a horrible thing to go through. As you probably know yourself, it's a physical manifestation of a mental problem - stress, nervous anxiety, call it what you will.

The good news are that there are no long-term effects. However, it may be a while before you get over it - ppl just telling you to "relax" rarely has that effect. Only you know how best to take your mind off things and give yourself some breathing space. Once you do that, the pain will go away and you'll feel much better.

Now, I was in a slightly different position because I was depressed, so I took Seroxat (SRIs), which made be feel better about myself, which lessened the nervous tension etc etc. But I dunno if this is would help you, since you're not depressed, but stressed.
    Thanks all for the replys
    About 4 years ago I was diagnosed as clinically depressed and have been on medication since. Also, I have been to cogniative behaviour therapists etc and none of them really helped. But, the worst part for me is just the way it makes my stomach feel, it can be tough to get up and do things if im feeling physically ill. Im not really sure what,if anything, i can do to reduce that feeling. Someone mentioned to me once, that i should try acu-puncture, they told me something about the "vegas" nerve? (im not sure how to spell that but thats the way it sounds) That getting this done can stop your mood/anxiety from affecting your stomach....
    Ive searched for more info on this but havnt been successful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I took Seroxat (SRIs), which made be feel better about myself, which lessened the nervous tension etc etc. But I dunno if this is would help you, since you're not depressed, but stressed.

You are not a doctor and we do not give medical advice on this forum.

OP go see your doctor.

B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement