Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50s/60s/70s rock bands??

Options
  • 21-08-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Was wondering if anybody could suggest a decent band who play functions ie: pub gigs, partiies, etc?? It's for a 21st birthday in Fermoy, venue undecided so far. It's not until October so I've a bit of time yet. I just don't want the usual "dj" playing crap cds teenage-disco style! I'd be interested in anything from Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Elvis or rock & roll as such! (think the juke box at Eddie Rocket's!!) to like Springsteen, Gallagher,Hendrix, Van Morrisson, Neil Young, Dire Straits, ELO, Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, even Aerosmith!! It's a pretty wide selection like, so if anyone knows of anyone or has any suggestions please let me know?!?!?!

Thanks loads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sean_0

You want the Hot Guitars. They play that sort of stuff and they're really good musicians to boot. The guy you want to talk to is Joe O'Callaghan, who is their front man and manager. They play pretty regularly in the Rochestown, and also in Counihans i think. Don't have any contact info unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

[Shameless shameless plug]My band do some of that sort of thing. We're a Wedding/Function band playing 5 years in Cork, and on a semi-pro basis. The name of the band is "The BizNiz", we are all approx 30 years of age, and play music from :

Elvis
    Beatles
    Van Morrisson
    The Drifters
    Queen
    The Foundations (Build me up Buttercup ...)
    The Doobie Brothers
    Bryan Adams
    Blink 182
    Bon Jovi
    Robbie Williams
    And old skool rock like Hippy Hippy Shake, etc.

And we're flexible, if there's stuff you want us to play, we'll learn it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 --Fox

Thanks sean, I'll look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

you could go all out and book gina and the champions

Advertisement