Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satanists on the Moors

Options
  • 21-08-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Was up in howth not too long ago, standard drunken wanderings led to a trip up the summit. Whilst there I was told that the hills or "mountains" around howth were used by satanists.

Any truth to this? Anyone currently frequenting the moors for these reasons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

No there isn't and if you did see something, just pretend you didn't and keep walking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Well now that you mention it I did come across some emos having a passionate and writhing orgy whilst chanting incantations but I figured it was just a 21st or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hellm0 wrote:
    Well now that you mention it I did come across some emos having a passionate and writhing orgy whilst chanting incantations but I figured it was just a 21st or something.

Got any pics ? :D

Plenty, though they're not the type of thing I'de just GIVE away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

People say all sorts of strange things about things they dont understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Thaedydal wrote:

BURN THE WITCH!! :p

what about modern paganism or satanism? Thats the term that was used by my friend, satanism, if its just a bunch of modern day druids doing some solstice ceremonies then thats different....but is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Thaedydal wrote:

Your answer was a bit vague. As the Paganism and Spirituality mod, care to help us understand?

Hellm0 wrote:
    what about modern paganism or satanism?

Satanism is not modren paganism and has no place in paganism.

Hellm0 wrote:
    Thats the term that was used by my friend, satanism,

Well you have to ask your friend what they ment by that.
    To some people who know nothing of paganism at all a bunch of people in robes
    must be statanists.
    Hellm0 wrote:
    if its just a bunch of modern day druids doing some solstice ceremonies then thats different....but is it?

Different from what ? from what Satanists do ?

Seeing as my question required segmentation and gave rise to more questions, I supose I should clarify.

If you know what exactly does go on up in howth, why not share this enlightening information with the rest of us instead of making vaguely offensive comments about people who dont understand things.
    (PS I know the difference between modern paganism and satanism, and as per your third comment I was mearly asking if it was druids or satanists up to antics on the moors, I wasnt making a comparrison between the two).

• Advertisement

Hellm0 wrote:
    If you know what exactly does go on up in howth, why not share this enlightening information with the rest of us instead of making vaguely offensive comments about people who dont understand things.

I don't know exactly what goes on up in Howth,
    I do know there are several different types of pagans who live in the area
    and people who are into reinactment and Larpers, any of these groups would
    be to most people be dressed oddly and some of them do make use of the summit and the surround areas.

I certain did not intend to be offensive at all, I didn't comment peoples understanding just maybe thier lack of knowledge or awareness which is not
    having a go either way, someone people just have not come across such things in thier lifes, the same way I know sod about about motorbikes.

Hellm0 wrote:
    (PS I know the difference between modern paganism and satanism, and as per your third comment I was mearly asking if it was druids or satanists up to antics on the moors, I wasnt making a comparrison between the two).

Oh cool, I just would nod presume that people know this is all and wasn't on the behalf of anyone taking slight.

Like I said there are various groups that use the summit and hills, but I have never heard of satanists up that way.

The only way to find out to be sure would be to if you see someone up there go talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BURN THE WITCH!! :p
    Only if she's not good looking:cool:

=-=

Oh, and maybe cos its quite, and nice, and easy to get to, people may go there to be "one with mother earth". Or they may just be having a picnic. Ask, and ye shall find out, tbh.

I'de love to, though it depends on how serious they take such things really. I'm sure no one wants to be interupted durin a good session of satan worship:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Hellm0 wrote:
    I'de love to, though it depends on how serious they take such things really. I'm sure no one wants to be interupted durin a good session of satan worship:P

Feck it, now I'm curious. If you're talking to your friend about it again, could you post up more info?

:p

lol if anyone has any other queires there are stickes explain a bit about paganism and druidry in the paganism forum and there was a discussion about satanism in the spirituality forums, you can get to both via the links under my nick.

Well the only info I got out of him was that aparently satanists have a preference for doing their thang up near howth, he never saw anything, he didnt know what went on up there, so I can either assume its false or that some ppl are using the place for satanic rituals(replace satanic with whatever you want there, not being derogitory but whoever is up there is assumedly doing some kind of ritual).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There was a donkey killed in Howth a good few years ago in some sort of ritualistic fashion. I heard somewhere it was a narrow minded vendetta against the animals owner. However the beast was killed, cut and arranged to look like it was some sort of satanic thing...

It is rare that that type of a thing happend in this country and it is usually not a ritual killing at all but done for some other daft cruel reason and then made to look like one :(

Is that not sort of what I just said?

and I am agreeing with you :P

• Advertisement

...word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hellm0 wrote:
    Was up in howth not too long ago, standard drunken wanderings led to a trip up the summit. Whilst there I was told that the hills or "mountains" around howth were used by satanists.

Any truth to this? Anyone currently frequenting the moors for these reasons?
    Nope, and if there was the local starved for news free-rags would be all over it like a rash and screaming "The Children! The Children! Won't anybody think of the Children?!" etc.

I never remembered hearing any story along those lines, although I do remember the incident with the donkey as mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I live in Howth. First of all, I have a question. There are moors in Howth?

The only people you're likely to find in the hills or along the cliffs are either kids making swings out of the trees, alcoholics or teenagers knacker drinking or getting stoned.

I've walked past (and been involved in ;) ) some of these, and when I was younger, walking in the woods and seeing a group of people off to the side sitting around a fire automatically meant they were satanists. That's how these rumours start, people see a group around a fire, and they must be burning corpses as part of a ritual or something. In all my years here, I've never seen or heard of any evidence of satanists and/or pagans.

Roight..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Hellm0 wrote:
    Well the only info I got out of him was that aparently satanists have a preference for doing their thang up near howth

You don't worship Beelzebub and do His biddings on Howth Hill yourself Hellm0?:confused:

edited for stupidity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Here we are, looks like they've moved on from Howth

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/08/29/story274369.html
    The disturbing act is understood to have happened about two weeks ago at Knocksink woods.

The ISPCA says it has received confirmation that a dog was killed and bled dry on a purpose-built altar made from stones taken from the river and cemented together.

Bloody freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I have to get my eyes tested... I read the thread title as Stalinists on the Moors...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bloody communists.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

lightening wrote:
    There was a donkey killed in Howth a good few years ago in some sort of ritualistic fashion. I heard somewhere it was a narrow minded vendetta against the animals owner. However the beast was killed, cut and arranged to look like it was some sort of satanic thing...

You're probably thinking of the donkey that was attacked with an iron bar near Malahide in '98 by a local scumbag. Nothing ritualistic or satanistic about it.

Facts.
    Your.
    Straight.
    Get.
    ;)

• Advertisement

No, I know about the Malahide donkey that got a steel bar through the eye by some rich kid on a buz... I am talking about the donkey in Howth, up the hill from Nashville Road that was killed and arranged in a "ritualistic" way. This happened a long time before the Malahide killing sparky.

I remember A friend helped the owners of the Donkey in Howth to dispose of the carcass with his trailer

Guarentee
    facts
    my
    right
    are
    you
    I

Advertisement