Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice of beers on teh first

Options
  • 21-08-2006 3:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First friday beers on 1st Sept, a friday would you believe.

just notin things here coz not everyone is dedicated enough to wade through the thread on the beers i missed, sniff cry boo and so forth

suggestions on a starting place?
    Prolly end up at purgatory coz of the metal/rock heads such as myself and the dodgy lookin fella in the corner

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

How many times do I have to say that I'm NOT dodgy-looking?! Just "different". (Besides, loud shirts aren't so much dodgy as misleading regarding certain aspects of my lifestyle, according to certain factions...)

I say we start somewhere different since we know where we're aiming. Ovens? (Reasonably central, close to a lot of other pubs and the evening's eventual destination).

What time are we starting incidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I may be persuaded to drink if I survive the previous three days with a certain blonde...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I shall indeed be there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

certain blondes ftw!! :)

ill be finished work at nine, six if i can swing it (fingers crossed for the boozin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Hallo boardsies! I won't be around that weekend :( but am very impressed with your forward planning! kudos to you Tree :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

awww :(

we still gots to organise that girly night out given that there are more female boardsies than can be believed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

*bump

Start somewhere with a beer garden? Tom Barry's?

I've a day off on Friday so I can start at 7am, but for the sake of sanity; 7-7:30pm?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

For the sake of sanity and adam not getting everyone killed by making them keep up with his genocidal rate of drinking, you mean.

Tom Barrys at 7ish is a nice idea, but the seating in the beer garden will be gone, and frankly *whinge piss piss moan moan* I dont want to have to walk back into town afterwards.

/throws toys out of pram

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

/sticks a soother into Fysh's mouth. it might keep him quiet.

If I'm around, I'm definitely interested. There is a slight chance however, that I will be in Dublin. Shall let you all know.

dudara wrote:
    /sticks a soother into Fysh's mouth. it might keep him quiet.

It's worth a try, I suppose, but I wouldn't rely on it. What's Dublin got to offer compared to Cork, anyway? We've even got a rock night starting again! (At long last!)

• Advertisement

We could be incredibly lazy and start in the Oak.

And just stay there until Purgatory starts? I like your thinking!

However.

The Oak's a hole and serves dodgy pints at the back bar.

I say the Ovens. Or, failing that, Counihan's (only round the corner after all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Fysh wrote:
    What's Dublin got to offer compared to Cork, anyway?
    This weekend?! The All Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wont be around this weekend. Still recovering from last time!!!

Shyster wrote:

Yeah, but on the other hand:
    • Dubs
    • over-priced pints
    • you can't get a decent jar of Murphy's for love nor money
    • you have to get a bus/cab to get anywhere because everywhere's feckin' miles away
    • over-priced pints
    • GAA-heads
    • the only accent known to man to be even more likely to induce eardrum bleeding than the Knocka Norrie Intonation
    • I've run out of things to say but nobody ever reads this far down a bullet-pointed list so mwhahahahaha
    • over-priced pints

Now, admittedly many of those are found in abundance in cork. At least here it's cheaper and easier to get blind drunk so you can forget about/ignore it...

JohnK wrote:
    I wont be around this weekend. Still recovering from last time!!!

You're a big bloody jessie is what you are. Jesus, anyone would think that adam never shared his Super Secret Alka-Seltzer Liver Dominator technique!

Both can be packed on a Friday but.....who's got a coin to flip?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Shyster wrote:

F€ck, never thought of that. Might leave going to Dublin until Monday then.

We have to go up there to find a new apartment as I start work in Dublin on Sept 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I may be persuaded to drink if I survive the previous three days with a certain blonde...:D

It turns out I lied, I won't be out. Try to have a good night out anyway...it'll be difficult, I know, but ye must be strong.

OAK sucks teh donkey's bits. counihans is nice enough downstairs at the back, ill be out bout seven fifteen all dolled up and rarin to go. planning on not being in much state to work sat morning :D

• Advertisement

Counihans it is then. I'll aim for 7:15 too.

happiness :) I'll be the girl w/ the black circles the size of a small country despite six inch deep concealer :D

theres a party in my shop if ppl want to bring party stuff, party ppl, things what should be at a party, we can supply some choons though :)

Advertisement