Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Part 3 options

Options
  • 21-08-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Feel free to move it.

I'm heading into Part 3 of the ACCA Professional Scheme and have to choose two of the four optional subjects to study.

I know I definitely don't want to do the tax paper so that leaves:

Audit & Assurance Services
    Performance Management
    Business Information Management

I am currently leaning towards the Audit and Info Mgmt papers.

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations in relation to the four optional papers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Normally audit and tax go together which is the ones I done as I want to work in practice.

It depends really on your perference and which ones you find it easier to study and be examined on.

The management papers will help you with the later 3.5 paper but the course is being changed in 2007 to s new syllabus and exam structure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I just sat Tax and Auditing in June , Failed both yesterday , The tax is actually grand , I was dreading it but struggled a hell of a lot more with auditing than I did Tax.

My problem really was the lack of study , but I would say to you if your working in practice the tax and auditing stuff is very handy , I actually used stuff I learned in the 2 courses above , so from that point of view I would recommend Tax and Auditing , anybody I know sitting them has taken those 2 options but then again like me they all work in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I did the auditing and business info. papers. I found these easy enough. The business info. is a lot of common sense, while the audit paper isn't that big of a step up from the earlier auditing paper. I had tried performance management perviously, but I found it very difficult. The topics themselves were interesting, but I found the exams questions were difficult.

Advertisement