Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pores - what a bore!

• 21-08-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I've had blocked pores for years, little bumps that when I squeeze white stuff comes out (from my chin), or little blackheads (btwn my eyebrows).

Each time I take a shower, I scrape my skin (I know it's not a good idea) with my nails to get all the **** out, that clears it up for a couple of days.

What is the root cause of this and what should I do to get the problem sorted? (I use Vichy Normaderm, which is supposed to help but tbh it's a waste of money).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

esperanza wrote:
    I've had blocked pores for years, little bumps that when I squeeze white stuff comes out (from my chin), or little blackheads (btwn my eyebrows).

Each time I take a shower, I scrape my skin (I know it's not a good idea) with my nails to get all the **** out, that clears it up for a couple of days.

What is the root cause of this and what should I do to get the problem sorted? (I use Vichy Normaderm, which is supposed to help but tbh it's a waste of money).
    It's probably just excess oil and dead skin clogging your pores. I have oily skin with a few clogged pores aswell, I find there's not much I can do with it- its mostly genetics I'd say, it's the skin type you're born with.
    The best thing you can do is get an exfoliator- it will remove dead skin. St Ives is good.
    I seen the ads for that Vichy stuff, I thought it works for around 70% of people? (according to the ads!).. Maybe you have to use for a while- like a couple of months?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, St. Ives scrubs are good. Also, Clinique do a range of pore products. You might be able to find something to help you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

I do exfoliate once a week and use an antibacterial face mask twice a week. I did find Normaderm gets rid of most of the blackheads, but the whiteheads are always there... I will have to see a professional, I think. I hope it's not acne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Man, why do people have pores? Why didn't we just evolve one big pore? Less to worry about, and probably really easy to unblock if it gets clogged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Man, why do people have pores? Why didn't we just evolve one big pore? Less to worry about, and probably really easy to unblock if it gets clogged.

Thats the equivilant to having two a$$es, it's not gonna work.

Clinique in my experience tends to be pretty good at clearing pores out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Maybe the doctor could prescribe something?? :confused:

I got an infection in my glands not so long ago and my glands swelled up and started over producing oil! I broke out in really painful lumps, they were like really deep spots! Anyway, the doc gave me some anti biotics and a cream and it cleared up within a few days!!:confused:

If your scrubbing your skin too much you could actually make the problem worse because your skin will just keep producing more and more oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

I use dermalogica - It has really minimised the pores on my nose and forehead and reduced the amount of spots I get. I still have some on my chin but it has really improved overall. strawberrynet.com sell travel size kits for you to try first off instead of paying for everything and then it not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'd recommend Clinique too - they do a thermal skin refiner in their 'Pore Minimiser' range - it warms up on contact with water and opens your pores for deep cleaning. I find it works really well but I've got quite sensitive skin and it can dry it out a bit so requires a good moisturising afterwards (with something light that won't block pores of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

gillo wrote:
    Thats the equivilant to having two a$$es, it's not gonna work.

You say that as if it would be a bad thing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

esperanza wrote:
    I do exfoliate once a week and use an antibacterial face mask twice a week. I did find Normaderm gets rid of most of the blackheads, but the whiteheads are always there... I will have to see a professional, I think. I hope it's not acne...

Use a pore cleansing face wash everyday maybe. Clearsil and those St. Ive's ones are pretty good. Helps clear them out a bit for me if it's done everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You say that as if it would be a bad thing? :confused:

More of a face man myself. That combined with a slight flatulance issue.

Advertisement