Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb wireless in Athlone?

Options
  • 21-08-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Is digiweb wireless actually in athlone? According to the website its livee but when I rang customer service they said its not there and wont be for some time to come. A while back i heard that Digiweb were supposed to be upgrading athlone to the Metro service and that they were taking no new orders on the wireless, but now it appears there was no wireless in the first place. Can anyone in the know shed any light on the situation :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

The Wireless Site had to be moved to accomdate some changes and the Metro deployment. It took longer than expected therefore some items are on hold until sorted which will hopefully be in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Cheers for the info man hopefully they'll get it up and running soon

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭shano

did any of you go ahead with the Digiweb Metro option? I live in Athlone (in the woodville estate) and I am wondering what the performance is like with this service. I am interested in any service that doesn't require a land line but I don't want to sign to something that will just crawl or provide intermittant service. So if anyone has any experiences of the Digiweb service please post them here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

my sis has it since before xmas, she's out in coosan. service is good so far, no downtime but there were issues with some websites not displaying which seems to be resolved. Good for gaming also, CSS pings of 25-40 on a lot of servers with little/no latency. Would recommend if you can't go the phone line route.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭shano

That sounds good. My brother is also wondering about Clonee so I'll have a look if there's any topic on that already. Cheers, S

• Advertisement
Advertisement