Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish holiday food

Options
  • 21-08-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there's holiday food available for goldfish, I can only seem to find stuff for aquariums.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

you can get it on the orchard garden centre in celbridge, and in petstop in blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks, but I live in the country, would you know the name so I can check if I can order it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

How long are you going away for?
    Whats your pond like? Are there plenty of plants and insects living in it?

b

I need them to have food for approx four days.
    They're not in a pond, I have three in a bi-orb, two medium and one large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

I found this online with Baumanns.ie there is a minimum delivery charge, don't know if you can buy it locally ?

Product Information

Goldfish Holiday Food
    [TET720] €3.35

A specially formulated diet to keep your fish healthy while you are on holiday. Unlike other holiday foods that contain plaster, TetraFin Holiday Sticks only contain edible ingredients, resulting in less waste and more nutrition for your fish. Now with ActiveFormula for reducing stress and improving resistance.

http://www.baumanns.ie/aquariums/product_info.php?cPath=181&products_id=1204

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If its only going to be four days I wouldnt be overly worried tbh.
    Feed the morning you leave and the minute you return, which will mean only two days without food.
    Goldfish are usually fine without food for 48 hours. Some people even say that they should'nt be fed every single day.

Again, I dont know about that orb thing you use, so it would depend on the efficiency of the filter, decor, etc.
    If you had even a small plastic plant in there that some of the food would be caught in, they would'nt be able to eat all of it in one go.

Again, totally guessing here, that biorb thingy is interesting, I've never been keen on orb-shaped aquariums, although this one certainly seems a bit different in some ways.

B

Thanks myjugsarehuge, I'll check out that website and shops in my area.

FranknFurter, great minds think alike! I'm going away for six days but just counted the four inbetween that they'd need something to munch on.
    Here's the bi-orb's site, I have the 30litre at the moment,
    http://www.bi-orb.com/

Advertisement