Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laoptop Recommendation

• 21-08-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

I am a php developer and with 2 young kids in the house now, I need to get a laptop sorted so I can lock it up and move it around the house.

Can anyone recommend a good laptop fairly high end or is Dell the safest bet?

Regards

Stoney

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Wow, look over there.... it's the laptop forum! Let's go over to it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thats a bit like posting in the Motor forum and saying "Recommend me a good car" - need a bit more info.

What do you want it for? Exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can anyone recommend a good laptop fairly high end or is Dell the safest bet?

I'm doing some development work on my IBM/Levono Thinkpad.

I won't go into my usual IBM evangelism, but suffice to say, if you want qualty and reliability, you can't beat IBM. They are a tad more expensive, but I believe they are the best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have to back up Toms assertion about IBM Thinkpads, bought one on here a month ago and am very happy with it, can't reccommend them highly enough.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just to jump on the bandwagon, I used a thinkpad for years, one of the best laptops I've ever used, really reliable...bit expensive though.

Again, depends on what sort of laptop you want, for what purpose, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stoneygossard

Have to back up Toms assertion about IBM Thinkpads, bought one on here a month ago and am very happy with it, can't reccommend them highly enough.
    MC
    Guys,
    I may have been a bit vague about what I wanted but I am thinking that IBM Thinkpad is the way to go!

Thank you all for your input.

Stoney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stoneygossard

irlrobins wrote:
    Wow, look over there.... it's the laptop forum! Let's go over to it....
    Thank you for taking the time to assert your sarcasm you twat.

Stoney

Advertisement