Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Question - PLC/art porfolio and points

• 21-08-2006 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Ok, so I got 380.

But I was thinking of doing an art portfolio plc course this year and then applying to either NCAD for Art Teaching or applying for Art & Design at LIT and after doing that, then do a diploma in Art teaching there at LIT (next year).

First off, how do the points work with portfolios, if I do an average porfolio and along with my points should I get either NACD or LIT?

Also....your opinions, btw I live near Limerick.

Dublin and do the teaching and art all in
    or
    Limerick and do Art & Design and then the teaching diploma.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Did you submit a portfolio to NCAD this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

nope, I was thinking of doing a porfolio this year and submitting next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

is there a reason why you didn't submit it?

You'll need a strong portfolio to get into NCAD... ncad dont look for points in the Leaving Cert.. as long as you get 2 Honour and 4 passes.... or better.. and pass pass Irish of course.

You can get into ncad with 140 points on your LC, but you still need a good quality portfolio. An average one wont get you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

I haven't done a portfolio...heck I don't even know what goes in one....Had a REALLY sh.ite teacher.

But thinking of doing a plc in art and design to build up a portfolio to submit.

Advertisement