Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Germany

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

We have to remember we were playing Germany in Germany. I mean they're going to win the group with ease. What we have to ask ourselves is would that performance see off the other teams in our group?

I think it would. It's about maintaining that performance from now on and getting out of this group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Its time people realised were a **** team. The Wales result was promising, hopefully the Czechs will be poor. Slovenia will be tough. There a decent team. Wales is like a Derby match which are always hard.

If we came third i think it would be a succesful campaign.

Agreed, we'll be doing well to make it to 3rd. I think we'll finish 4th myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Excellent post by Nick. I agree with almost all of it!

Nick for Ireland manager? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

evilhomer wrote:
    Nick for Ireland manager? ;)

Careful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I'd have to agree with Nick too. After watching Kilbane in the Switzerland last year I hoped to never have to see him in an Ireland jersey again.

O'Shea and himself were the two worst players on the pitch the last day. Both gave germany way too much time and space. The fact that we started with our no 1 midfielder on the right wing was absolutely bizzare. I couldn't believe it.

The fact of the matter is the Irish job is actually a really easy job. We have little our no options so picking the team is actually quite easy. However Stan somehow managed to start the match with 4 players playing out of position. (Finnan, Reid, Kilbaneand O'Shea(Clearly not a CM))Brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Question for the Mods:

Hi, I'm nearly sure I had a posting on this thread about the match, but I cant seem to find it. It was well before this one and spoke about the match in general.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52005964&postcount=199

Was it deleted? If so, was that because of my remarks about Dunphy. Thnx.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think the Admins had to roll the database back didn't they? so Posts made (including mine) after the previous night's backup were lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Didn't delete anything redspider, doubt comods did either. There is, as sofaking says, and ongoing issue with the DB - prob the culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I remember reading it redspider, and it was after the DB had been restored????

• Advertisement

Thanks for responding psi.

Must have been a DB problem then. I posted it on Sun afternoon I think and I remember the website was up and down before and after that. Ah well, and there was me thinking it would have been a good one for post of the month, o maybe not. ;-)
    irish1 wrote:
    I remember reading it redspider, and it was after the DB had been restored????

At least someone got to see it apart from myself so I'm not going completely mad, well not yet anyway. Thanks irish1.

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

redspider wrote:
    Thanks for responding psi.

Must have been a DB problem then. I posted it on Sun afternoon I think and I remember the website was up and down before and after that. Ah well, and there was me thinking it would have been a good one for post of the month, o maybe not. ;-)

At least someone got to see it apart from myself so I'm not going completely mad, well not yet anyway. Thanks irish1.

redspider

Just ran through the thread and I can only see 1 softdelete and it wasn't yours so I dont think a mod deleted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It was probably your post that borked the database, How long was it.:p

Some of my very well though out posts also dissappeared when the powers that be decided to experiment with the database with no consideration for users post count. Its just not good enough.

The Muppet wrote:
    It was probably your post that borked the database, How long was it.:p

Yeah, perhaps my 10k monologue was the culprit!

I used to make 'back-ups' of long posts in case the site would 'go down' in the middle of writing a long post, which is good practice. Like voting, save and save often.

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Some quality videos on youtube from the match.
    I get goosebumps everytime i hear the national anthem being belted out. Doesnt compare to being there though:D . I remember as the anthem finished, lads beside us, around us punching each other etc as if we were going to war!! pity few of the players didnt get as pumped up as we did!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

was at the match, the anthem was sung right 'til the very end which was nice.

(deliberately misspelling words here)
    ie..... at landsdowne you get the roar after 'faoi lávach ná biléir'.

when in stuttgart nobody started roaring until after 'seo liv cannaig amhráin ná bhéin' which is the way it should be.

also, i think all away fans should be standing (unless obviously in with the germans). it creates a better atmosphere and stops people moaning about people standing up - everyone should stand up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement