Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not going up rank

• 21-08-2006 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Having a bit of a problem with going up in rank from Master Sergeant to Staff Sergeant.

I got all my infantry medals but did not go up in rank! and when I look up my ranking on BF2Tracker it states that my points are 23,043 out of 20,000 that’s -3,043 over the needed amount.

Anyone know why this is happing? Or how can I fix it?

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=61236200&bfmodid=0

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm a bit confused about what you mean - you get promoted to Master Sergeant at 20,000 points, and the next promotion is at 50,000 points. Do you mean First Sergeant? Because Staff Sergeant is at 5,000 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

whoops sorry, I meant First Sergeant

Okay, unless you had all the required badges before reaching 20,000 points, you will get Master Sergeant and not First Sergeant.

Are you sure you had all the required badges prior to 20,000?

These being: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It usually takes a day or two to update properly. This time next week you'll be thinking "God, I wish I hadn't bothered with that stupid thread on boards..." while blasting away with whatever delicious new weapon you chose.

I've been stuck on my current rank for absolutely ages. Mostly because I havn't been able to play all that much, but also because the rank I'm on takes absolutely forever....20k-50k I think? I'm on like 44k.

Yep have them all but cant remember if I had them before I hit 20k. Dont really care about the rank just want the unlocks.

*edit* I have been waiting around 2 weeks :(

• Advertisement

But you should have gotten that at 20,000, when you got master sergeant?

20,000 points = Master Sergeant / First Sergeant, which bf2tracker and bf2player say you already are, your next promotion is when you reach 50,000 points?

Silverfish wrote:
    But you should have gotten that at 20,000, when you got master sergeant?

20,000 points = Master Sergeant / First Sergeant, which bf2tracker and bf2player say you already are, your next promotion is when you reach 50,000 points?

:mad: Bollox :mad:

I hear ya buddy :mad:

Look here, this is what I found, you got your last basic medals on the 1st August.

You already had 20,000 points by that date, ( you earned 2,863 since 1st August, however you are 3043 over the 20,000, so you didn't get the basic medals in time, basically) so its Master Sergeant until 50,000 points.

:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

He didn't miss out on any unlocks though.

The only difference it makes is that you may lose out in commander elections to someone with a 'lower' rank.

Its a bit silly that you have to get the basic medals before you hit 20K, ah well just have to soldier on I suppose, and thx silverfish for your help

• Advertisement

Np, by the way this site should help if you don't already use it http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Zillah wrote:
    I've been stuck on my current rank for absolutely ages. Mostly because I havn't been able to play all that much, but also because the rank I'm on takes absolutely forever....20k-50k I think? I'm on like 44k.

A little birdy told me ( unsure how reliable a bird ) that the ranking requirements will come down a bit with 1.5 and that you will get youre next rank at 45k then 60K then 70k then 80k then 90 and then 100k , not sure after the 100 k mark though. I hope this is the case or they at least reward all the 1.3 players who lost out on a load of points cause of the 1.3 bug. I was on our server the other night with 20 tickets left and I had 100 points and the server crashed., score lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

I'm very sceptical about your birdie.

Aside from the fact that BF2 rumours are rarely proven true. I'd be surprised that 1.5 has been decided when 1.4 isn't finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

lol

Advertisement