Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strasbourg Goose closed?

Options
  • 21-08-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Been trying to ring all day.. Does the place still exist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I just had breakfast there on Saturday and it seemed same as ever. Maybe they close on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

maybe so... cos I'm getting feck all answer... I might take a spin into town later on just to see. Cheers Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eibbatlove

yes, but it closes monday due to lack of business . I would not go there , the food is terrible. standards have dropped. very bad staff with not much english. all food is covered in oil. bathrooms are very dirty also. I would never go there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

I have to disagree. Can say nothing about the toilets (not used em), but the food's good and the staff friendly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

eibbatlove wrote: »
    yes, but it closes monday due to lack of business . I would not go there , the food is terrible. standards have dropped. very bad staff with not much english. all food is covered in oil. bathrooms are very dirty also. I would never go there again.

ate there last night. Only bad things i could say is the bathroom area is very cramped, if you were a big person good luck getting anything done in there or even getting in. Staff were very pleasant. Food was good althought the mushroom sauce i got tasted funky of something i couldnt quite put my finger on, So I didnt like that. Rest of the foos was good and reasonable price as well i might add. 2 main courses and a drink each for under 40 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

do they still have the great breakfasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ate there few months back..wasn't overly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eibbatlove

its the worst restaurant in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ooooh I've been to a lot worse ! :D

I like the place - never had a bad meal there so far & its very reasonable...

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Its certainly in the top 3. Terrible food and service in a great location.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My old man loves it, goes on about it endlessly, drives me demented.

Can't stand the place meself, went there once and found the food nothing special and the surroundings cramped and uncomfortable.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

dahamsta wrote: »
    cramped and uncomfortable.
    absolutely.

I went there with a gang from college and we had to ask for a new table 3 times. They kept insisting that 4 seater tables would be ok for 6 of us. Then the food was mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

It's not great but I wouldn't say awful altogether either. Ate across the street in harveys this weekend - I'll never darken their door again!

Advertisement