Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG-1 Cancelled

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Why are you even commenting, to be fair if you never even watched stargate then your oppinion is totally irrelevent.

No I haven't watched a single episode, that's what i said...
    I said I tried to watch it, stuck myself to the sofa and tried but I found it unwatchable, cheesey, silly, and with no sense of its own reality, and I'm a SF lover of longstanding. If I hadn't watched it at all I couldn't have said that I didn't like it, or have explained why.

And yes, if this is the tack you want to take, where disagreement = me wrong and you right, then my opinion is "totally irrelevant"...as totally irrelevant as yours is.

To Mcgarnigle and others,

P.S. All. Sorry about original post. Am regretting it now.

Truth is: I really hated SG1, but I really wanted to like it. Love SF and thought here's something else cool..then watched it.
    Had a new-Star-Wars type reaction to it, because I loved the movie and was expectanntly waiting for something completely different...couldn't say what though.
    Subsequently tried several times to get into the series and couldn't.

Anyway, If someone dissed the show I loved, I'd be irked also.

Added to the thread because I feel that if something that wasn't working gets binned, then they may replace it with something better.

So...to all SG 1 lovers, best of luck to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

No I haven't watched a single episode, that's what i said...
    I said I tried to watch it, stuck myself to the sofa and tried but I found it unwatchable, cheesey, silly, and with no sense of its own reality, and I'm a SF lover of longstanding. If I hadn't watched it at all I couldn't have said that I didn't like it, or have explained why.

No what you said was you tried to watch it and didn't like it, fair enough. The rest of your post was some garbage attempt at humour with the whole tapeworm analogy, side splitting stuff really.
    If you think it has no sense of its own reality then you really don't know what you're talking about as a persistent source of criticism/praise for the show was the constant in jokes and the fact that the cheesy, familiar and ridiculous plots were often pointed out by the characters as such.

And yes, if this is the tack you want to take, where disagreement = me wrong and you right, then my opinion is "totally irrelevant"...as totally irrelevant as yours is.

Actually I never said whether or not it should have been cancelled, I said the current season has been crap, hardly a ringing endorsement. Your opinion is irrelevent as you clearly don't have a clue what you're on about... or you do and are just playing dumb so you can flame this thread. Either way your oppinion is irrelevent.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    No what you said was you tried to watch it and didn't like it, fair enough. The rest of your post was some garbage attempt at humour with the whole tapeworm analogy, side splitting stuff really.

If you think it has no sense of its own reality then you really don't know what you're talking about as a persistent source of criticism/praise for the show was the constant in jokes and the fact that the cheesy, familiar and ridiculous plots were often pointed out by the characters as such.

Actually I never said whether or not it should have been cancelled, I said the current season has been crap, hardly a ringing endorsement. Your opinion is irrelevent as you clearly don't have a clue what you're on about... or you do and are just playing dumb so you can flame this thread. Either way your oppinion is irrelevent.

Truthfully, I was pleased to see it had been cancelled, because that imaginative space, if you like, can now be taken up with something else, hoepfully Sci-Fi, and better than a series many of you said you'd come to loose faith and interest in. That is precisely what I meant.

After the polite retraction, issued just after a previous post of mine, (as I'd first written in annoyance), I'd expected a little more than 'your opinion is irrelevent"...just because it doesn't agree with yours...

my mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Ouch. We're kinda getting off topic here. Can't we all just mourn in peace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I need to cry! Hold me someone! Stargate is leaving! Why is it always the good ones are taken? Why Jebus, WHY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That may have really been why Sci Fi declined the name change, but I think they said something liek they didn't want to further alienate the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i cant beleive i'm only finding this out now, but then that fact alone tells me that sg1's quality had gone down alot. 2+ years ago if this had happened i would have been in here as soon as the news broke lamenting and raging with the rest of ye's. would like to see the franchse livee on. sci-fi would be a poorer genre without it.

Advertisement