Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Tunes Of Summer 2006

• 21-08-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Here's my nominations

Cracking tune wasn't a massive Sander Kleinenberg fan but he's made a quality house tune here:cool:
    http://www.discogs.com/release/726930

Another cracking tune this,massive in Ibiza,heard it several times while i was over there (The Dirty South Mix is the one to check)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/700680

Sure i can come up with a few more,feel free to add :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Aye, Evermore is a stormer alright. Would have been my first choice. Been around a bit longer than this summer but...

Changes by Chris Lake (but NOT the f*cking Kings of Tommorow dub version)

Life 2 live by Layo & Bushwacka! (Green Velvet mix)

Tracking Treasure by Gabriel and Dresden

...and a techy house one you mightn't have heard; Why Should I Think About The Rain by Dutch. Bit cheesy but love that.
    http://www.dancerecords.com/audio/67744.ram
    ^sample

[edit] Oh yeah and that Justice V Simian track, Hustler I think it's called...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Blu Eyz

jonny68 wrote:
    Here's my nominations

Cracking tune wasn't a massive Sander Kleinenberg fan but he's made a quality house tune here:cool:
    http://www.discogs.com/release/726930

Another cracking tune this,massive in Ibiza,heard it several times while i was over there (The Dirty South Mix is the one to check)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/700680

Sure i can come up with a few more,feel free to add :)

Yeah bought that album in Ibiza "Azuli presents Space Ibiza 2006" its savage!

Got the 2006 Hed Kandi "the mix".....i think its ****in brilliant....

One i particularly love is "Lotta Lovin" Paradise Soul Mix - DJ Puckers :)
    and
    "Deep Sleepness Night" (Dino lennys old skool mix)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Blu Eyz wrote:
    Yeah bought that album in Ibiza "Azuli presents Space Ibiza 2006" its savage!

Got the 2006 Hed Kandi "the mix".....i think its ****in brilliant....

One i particularly love is "Lotta Lovin" Paradise Soul Mix - DJ Puckers :)
    and
    "Deep Sleepness Night" (Dino lennys old skool mix)

Yeah cracking album i downloaded it last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I hate the word 'tune' *shudder*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

For me it's

Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
    SebastiAn - Ross Ross Ross
    Joakim - I Wish You Were Gone
    Fred Falke - Omega Man
    Sweetlight - Le Grand Sommeil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Blu Eyz

Tusky wrote:
    I hate the word 'tune' *shudder*.

""GOSH""

I hope your not offended !!

*Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

Was in ibiza from 11th to 18th - loved it, here are some of the tunes that stood out:

David Guetta Vs The Egg - 'Love Don't Let Me Go
    Fedde Le Grand - 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit
    Eric Prydz vs Pink Floyd 'Proper Education'
    Chriss Lake - 'Changes'

Oh and Morillo played the original Lenny Kravitz 'Are You Gonna Go My Way'
    UNBLIEVABLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

nmg-lky wrote:

Oh and Morillo played the original Lenny Kravitz 'Are You Gonna Go My Way'
    UNBLIEVABLE

Unbelievable in a good way or a bad way??
    I saw Morillo a few years ago in Pacha. I always was a big fan until he brought P.Diddy out. Diddy then proceeded to rap/talk over dance tunes for a good hour or more. Really made me question Morillo after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

in a very good way. I've seen him a few times now and every times been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

eric morillo = really bad tunes played in a really nice way imo... i think a lot of that pumping us house has really lost it's way in the last couple of years...

tunes of the summer for me have been:::

calibre "true stories" off the corner dance ep on signature... those strings just do something to me.... lovely bassline on it too, real sexy but serious anthem business...

anything by FANU - wasn't too into his stuff until quite recently.. always had him pegged as someone who made very detailed tunes that were just dogs on the decks, and to a certain extent it's true, but the recent stuff just has so much soul and so much emotion and crazy energy in a completely non conventional way that i've been buying every release and loving it.. the ep on 13 music is very good stuff indeed "leave the natural world behind" is probably the pick of the four tunes... clattery spacey broken chopped up to bejaysus drums, a low rolling winding sub bass that sounds a decade older than it is, a really quirky [in a good way] arrangement and really sweet pads and chords... they don't make them like this anymore, but this is better than they used to make them if you know what i mean!

bachelors of science feat. brooklyn - wicked ways - horizons real feelgood dubby summer anthem, nice housey melodies, steppy break and a golden reggae vocal, couple of little switches and nice touches, not reinventing the wheel or anything but it's a smiley party tune.

theory - conquering lion - function ::: lovely tune in the mix, well behaved amens cut up with skill and finesse and focus without being boring, cavernous dubby sub bass and reverb drenched roots reggae samples... highly unoriginal combination, highly enjoyable tune.

macc - be like water - outsider ::: sampled bruce lee interview over breaks that chop and twist and slide over a gradually building and evolving melody and generally manage to sound like pretty accurate musical picture of the mind of a martial artist... made by a fourth dan karate head and virtuoso jazz and drum and bass drummer who drums and samples and processes his own breaks. pretty essential stuff. the b-side is pretty militant stuff too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

How about,

David Guetta vs. The Egg "Love Don't Let Me Go"
    Bob Sinclair "World Hold On"
    Paul Oakenfold "Faster Hard Kill Pussycat"
    Chris Lake "Changes"
    Praise Cats "Shined on Me"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

that praise cats tune is ancient....

whatever about the merits of it, this is a thread about the tunes of 2006 surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mosef Cat

Legend B - Lost In Love 2006(Sean Tyas Alternative Remix) very nice remix of this dublin classic even so dont think we needed another remix & the other Above & Beyond - Good For Me love the vocal in this one going to be huge:)

Advertisement