Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey sizes

Options
  • 21-08-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

This is going to be funny.

Our jersey comes in all sizes, i wear a medium but large is fine, Xl is camping and XXL is for sailing.

What are you?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

XXL for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Id be medium, once the sleeves are long enough. Large is good also. MrJoeSoap is currently internet-less but he assures me he's no more than a large. Will there be numbers on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Xavi6 wrote:
    Will there be numbers on these?

1 to 16.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote:
    1 to 16.

kdjac

boo urns, no 23?

I'd be xl I reckon (thats what I take in normal jerseys)

DOnt suppose theres any chance of getting mine in short sleeve?

KdjaCL wrote:
    1 to 16.

kdjac

might be a stupid question but do we pick a num,ber to go with our size jersey?

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    might be a stupid question but do we pick a num,ber to go with our size jersey?

Afaik the players go into the dressing room, the kit person comes in throws the bag down and like wolves the players attack going for socks 1st then shorts and jersies. Some then barter different numbers off to get 10 or whatever.

Things may have changed but im sure that still happens.

:)

kdjac

I have no clue about short sleeves, i play on the wing hands inside long sleeves ala Jesper Olsen.

So therefore i am covered, i shall ask.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Afaik the players go into the dressing room, the kit person comes in throws the bag down and like wolves the players attack going for socks 1st then shorts and jersies. Some then barter different numbers off to get 10 or whatever.

Things may have changed but im sure that still happens.

:)

kdjac

ha ha smart arse. i just dont want to swept away by the wind come mid december with my xxl sail billowing behind me as i run after a ball.

KdjaCL wrote:
    I have no clue about short sleeves, i play on the wing hands inside long sleeves ala Jesper Olsen.

So therefore i am covered, i shall ask.

kdjac

I just find long sleeves uncomfortable. Cold doesnt bother me tbh. If it's an option It'd be much appreciated if there was an xl short sleeve jersey in there somewhere. Any number is grand.

Or maybe, just maybe a special number 23. :)

I try get 5 extra and make them short sleeved so they wont have numbers.....oh i wonder who works in JJB ....

Have plenty of time to accomadate your demands.

kdjac

• Advertisement

so is there no chance of everyone getting their own jersey with their preferred number to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i'm a medium. numbers aren't an issue i'll take any when needs be. no pref for long or short sleeves

KdjaCL wrote:
    oh i wonder who works in JJB ....

ha ha as subtle as a fart in a lift

Xavi6 wrote:
    so is there no chance of everyone getting their own jersey with their preferred number to keep?

Only if they one extra, in which you have till morrow afternoon to confirm that.

There be 1-16 for the team they go with kit man and come back with kit man. Any others will be bought by the players, why you ask? Some players can make X day and not every day if more than 5 dont show not only are short a team but any replacements have no jersey.

So we will have a bag of 1-16 and i buy some extra for those who want their own.

kdjac

yeah that sounds perfect. well if possibly id like to pay the extra and get my own one seeing as its gonna be such a unique design

KdjaCL wrote:
    Only if they one extra, in which you have till morrow afternoon to confirm that.

There be 1-16 for the team they go with kit man and come back with kit man. Any others will be bought by the players, why you ask? Some players can make X day and not every day if more than 5 dont show not only are short a team but any replacements have no jersey.

So we will have a bag of 1-16 and i buy some extra for those who want their own.

kdjac

Seeing as I'm the one being different and looking for concessions, I've no problem paying for my own jersey if I can get a shorsleeve one (especially if I can pick my number), In fact I'd love to have one to keep so if its an option I'll buy mine.

So thats 2 short sleeved ones.

kdjac

is one of those for me? id just prefer long sleeves if thats ok?

Bloody footballers....next it be Kona Nigari water only!!!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Bloody footballers....next it be evian water only!!!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

If you insist. Are we getting a big Gatorade dispensor to tip over the gaffer when we win the league?

Actually re:shorts. I assume we'll get shorts to match the jerseys? and not all get medium r summat?:D I like my shorts to be roomey , so biggest for me ta.

• Advertisement

ha ha apologies. basically its two large jerseys with long sleeves (one each for myself and MrJoeSoap).

seansouth also doubles as the waterboy so watch what you say about his momma :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think I'd prefer short sleeve too, I'm imagining sleeves will be a bit awkward, the cold wont be a problem if were out running around and come the warmer months, I'd have wished I would have got the short sleeve. Medium would be ok for me I think and hope:)

So what happens if Kit man can't make it? The whole team goes without jerseys :eek:

It seems everyone would prefer to get their own kit to keep. Would it not be best to just buy say 20 numbered kits, everyone who pays the €100 to join, gets to keep a kit and if they want, choose a number (I don't care, any will suit me). From the 20, or 25, or whatever number we get, there will be enough left over that we can keep spare for any emergencies. And to be even more safe, if somebody knows they wont be able to make the next game, they can leave their kit with kit man who can give it to a filler in if we get one.

You can arrive and leave in your kit, have a shower at home instead or whatever, throw the jersey in the wash and have a full kit to wear to any other games that might be played. It saves one person having to wash 16 kits every week, you'd fit a max of about 4 jerseys in each wash, that's 4 washes one person will have to do when we could just be doing our own. If your late coming you wont have to go into the changing rooms you can just run straight onto the pitch or if you have to leave urgently you don't have to change into other clothes, you don't have to leave your clothes in the changing room and all that either.

What do the rest of you think?

Oh and I like my clothes washed in Non Biological powder:D:D

Id be in agreement with Cormie. Would love to keep my full kit and have my own number. Whoever pays the €100 gets a kit and its first come first serve for numbers. If that happens ill have my money there on Thursday!! :D

The entrance fee is €1800, there will have to be more jerserys available for when people dotn turn up. TBH im in favour of a situation where you have the option to buy your own kit if you want one to keep. Otherwise you use one of the clubs kits.

cormie wrote:
    So what happens if Kit man can't make it? The whole team goes without jerseys :eek:

you'd fit a max of about 4 jerseys in each wash, that's 4 washes one person will have to do when we could just be doing our own.

Oh and I like my clothes washed in Non Biological powder:D:D

I will be there, 5Kg washing machines, grand buy a large box on your way to 1st match about €30.

Im not a big fan of players keeping jerseys of course should they pay for them they can do what they want with them. The €100 covers the league fees for the season.

Around 2pm morrow i be ordering the jersey, maybe later as i have to discuss crests and logos and short sleeves with the guy. The cheque is sorted so i have 16 jerseys. I can order more but its €43 quid for jersey with shorts socks and 2 tone logo with number and embriodered crest you can do what you want with it if you buy one for yourself.

Im thinking "team" so after that its really a personal preference if you want certain extras, altho we could get certain perks i think over the season they will work in our favour :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm going to vote for short sleeve jersey in Medium if at all possible. Medium shorts too. I'd love to be able to keep my own jersey too, but I'd be perfectly happy to take part in the kit bag scramble.

I dunno, just seem a bit much paying for a kit if there's one there to suit your size etc already. The €100 is stretching my wallet enough as it is and I'll have to buy new boots too so I can't afford a personal kit:o

I just hope you have enough radiators in your gaf :D sure if you change your mind mid season I'm sure we'll all be glad to take the responsibility off your hands:)

Anyway, are you going with PL TK's kit design or K59? I think either will look great, just wondering how it's gonna be done though, say for example, if you get PL's done, well you could probably have the crest in the same graphic file for the top and not have to have a seperate crest sewn on, it would just be in the printed graphic which would be pretty cool I think. Also, will you need 20 seperate graphic files per kit, with different numbers to be printed with the jersey design? Just curious how it works:)

cormie wrote:
    I dunno, just seem a bit much paying for a kit if there's one there to suit your size etc already. The €100 is stretching my wallet enough as it is and I'll have to buy new boots too so I can't afford a personal kit:o

I just hope you have enough radiators in your gaf :D sure if you change your mind mid season I'm sure we'll all be glad to take the responsibility off your hands:)

Anyway, are you going with PL TK's kit design or K59? I think either will look great, just wondering how it's gonna be done though, say for example, if you get PL's done, well you could probably have the crest in the same graphic file for the top and not have to have a seperate crest sewn on, it would just be in the printed graphic which would be pretty cool I think. Also, will you need 20 seperate graphic files per kit, with different numbers to be printed with the jersey design? Just curious how it works:)

Doesnt everyone have a dryer !!!!

I am very tempted at Tks design, its very nice. We can get either for pretty much same price, they have the logo so all we need is a crest and they start making it.

Crests are sewn in never seen one not sewn in so no clue what it looks like that way.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Do you think getting a kit like PL's is even possible? like for the colour to be exactly the way he has designed it on paper? So they would probably just start off with a plain white jersey and have to digitally print each one with the colour? I imagined that would be a lot more expensive then just gettinga logo/crest stamped/sewn onto the K59. It would be cool if it was cheap enough to get PL's one done. I'd imagine if they were digitally printing each one, it would be best to get them to do each one individually, digitally print the crest/sponsor logo on all and then different numbers on each one. Can't wait to see how this turns out:)

Wonder how PL's getting on with the crest?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement