Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey sizes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Short sleeve medium for me, long sleeves are a pain in the hole i think :-0 Sure even in winter youll be warm enough running around, or even use deep heat on arms ;-) this money saving tip was brought to you by McDonalds.

P.s I think everyone should bring home their own kits and extras kept with manager for days when some people cant turn up. But in any case, even with people not being able to turn up, Im sure that since everyone is spread out all over Dublin that people can meet up and collect kits etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im 6ft 3 so I would be large or XL? Long sleeve.

Just tried on my old jersey and its Large. Fits okay but the sleeves are too short.
    But wearable none the less. Long sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

As a manufacturer we can produce most styles in any colour combination - you choose it, we'll make it!

So Cormie help the guy out http://www.proteamsports.net/football.html

Find one that suits his idea and they mod it slightly to his design. Its what they do.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well since we've all agreed on K59, we may as well go for that for the printed design style of shirt, his design has a collar and all so it matched quite well:)

This is the kind of digital printing I'm talking about:

wolfjersey.jpg
    closeup_000.jpg

Both of these jerseys would have been digitally printed, no embroidery or iron on/stamped logos. Would be very cool if proteam could do it. And the crest, logo and numbers would be printed in the one go with the blue wavey jersey design:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'd be a large or extra large, no real bother to me what size or what number.

I think we need to think of the jerseys in two ways, there are the 16 club kits, which, in my opinion, must be kept by the club kit man and always available to the club.

I've played for a lot of football clubs over the years and letting players bring club kit home is a seriously bad idea. Anyway, hopefully team boards.ie wont be a one season thing so we will need the kit going forward for the team.

If anyone of course wants a personal kit with short sleeves and their own favourite number, I think they should just buy their own personalised kit.

Realistically, thats the most sensible and reliable way to do things as a club. And the offer always stands for me to take the kit home and get it washed, ready access to industrial washing machines and driers make it a non issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i take a medium, preferably short sleeved if possible :)

jersey being ordered when i get back form shops.

Will go tru this Ste and Xavi want their own fancy pants ones so thats 18 being ordered.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Id say you should probably order about 10 large and a couple of medium and a couple XL

Have you decided on which crest to use? How many short/long sleeved are you getting? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

KdjaCL wrote:
    jersey being ordered when i get back form shops.

Will go tru this Ste and Xavi want their own fancy pants ones so thats 18 being ordered.

kdjac

Im going to give training a shot this Thursday to see how things go.I spoke to Seansouth about it.

I suppose i'll be able to let you know then whether im in or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SO whats the final verdict? 16 long sleeve club kits and a couple of short sleeve ones that myslef and xavi pay for and keep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Stekelly wrote:
    SO whats the final verdict? 16 long sleeve club kits and a couple of short sleeve ones that myslef and xavi pay for and keep?

:eek:

I hate playing in long sleeves. I reckon order mostly short sleeves, how many people actually want long sleeves?

Seems most people on this thread want short sleeves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i want/prefer long sleeve in medium. short sleeve will be fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

id prefer a short sleeve one, the way i see it is if its that cold you can wear a long sleeve t-short beneath the short sleeve but if its quite warm you cant go the other way (well other than cutting 2/3s of the sleeve off but thats another issue)

id also prefer medium size :p

I prefere Long sleeves. Get cold in little Ireland :-)

Im tall so I think a XL would fit me? Although im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

what about the keepers, wont somebody please think of the keepers. Personally I'm an XL, but the other keeper havent a breeze what he might be. Defo long sleeve, dont fancy pullin a Taffarel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

if it saves hassle just go ahead and other the 16 jersey kit all the same, sleeves and whatever esle. the company will most likely keep the template so the rest of us can sort out our own stuff after. the most important thing is to get a kit for the team as a whole.

I prefere Long sleeves. Get cold in little Ireland :-)

Im tall so I think a XL would fit me? Although im not sure.

Scratch that. All of my jerseys are size L. I think XL will be too big.

So I would like a Short Sleeve Size L

Right whatever you wanted they had none.

16 large bloody jerseys.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote:
    Right whatever you wanted they had none.

16 large bloody jerseys.

kdjac

ha ha problem solved

yahoo! We got jerseys!!

Isn't it regulation to have the keeper with a different colour jersey than the rest of the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cormie wrote:
    Isn't it regulation to have the keeper with a different colour jersey than the rest of the team?

Dont think FIFA will be issueing any sanctions.:)

So does this mean we can play last man back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

lads, we're already in enough danger of being known as the team of nerds, we don't gotta make it worse by showing up all dolled up in our custom ordered jerseys, and names on the back is a definite no-no it'd just incite hatred from the opposition :D

A jersey will do for me. Failing that a bin liner will do just grand. or I could vacuum pack myself into my 1988 West Germany jersey I had as an 8 year old - don't make me do it!

I don't think it's Fifa, some refs wont allow the game to start until the keeper has the right jersey on. My friend is one of them, he was telling me, even just in the DDSL league which he refs, that if the keeper has the same coloured jersey as the rest, he'll have to wear something else or the game wont start.

yeah, we're nerds alright, I can imagine there being podcasts and all transmitted live to boards.ie via a wireless network from a laptop at the side of the field with some nerdo speaking in a top of the range microphone set up.:D

We get one keeper jersey, its different from the others so it looks like a keepers jersey has a number 1 on it too.

kdjac

Cool:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

lads, we're already in enough danger of being known as the team of nerds, we don't gotta make it worse by showing up all dolled up in our custom ordered jerseys, and names on the back is a definite no-no it'd just incite hatred from the opposition :D

Im sure a lot of the other teams will be made up of corporate types and the like, in fact, I've no doubt that in almost every game, the other team will contain a boards member.

If anyone gives us stick about being nerds, let me know, I dont mind taking an astro burn for the team!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement