Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth USB cable

• 21-08-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a bluetooth USB cable for your pc which will connect up via bluetooth to mobile phones? Are the mobile phone make specific?

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You can get a USB Bluetooth "dongle" which will work with all fones
    about 10€/15€ from e-bay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is it possible to get a bluetooth USB cable...
    No, but you could get a USB Bluetooth dongle for ~20euro that plugs into a USB port and enables communication via Bluetooth. The majority will work with any phone.
    Are the mobile phone make specific?
    Assuming you mean "they"...answered above. If not... may dog help us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can't get bluetooth cables. The whole point of bluetooth is to eliminate wires. You can buy bluetooth dongles which look similar to USB keys, I got mine for about a tenner on ebay, but they're more expensive in the shops. They tend to work with all phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What you are looking for is something called a usb bluetooth dongle I think. You want to use something like nokia data suite (or equivalent) or something for your phone? They go for around €20-30 I think. They look like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks - I was scouting around ebay alright and saw the "dongles" - I took no notice as they appeared to be glorified USB memory sticks. Anyway thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

TheBazman wrote:
    bluetooth USB cable
    isn't that an oxymoron?

Advertisement