Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hd Tune 2.52

Options
  • 21-08-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

I rememebr someone was on about hdd speeds the other day and i just found this. Its similar to hdtach, but seems to be more accurate, especially when it gives information.

Post what ya get.

It might just increase your epenis size.

ill go first:

untitledye6.th.jpg

This is incredible bad. But i have excuses. my e660 isnt up yet. and my amd one is in bits on the floor, trying to cable manage it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks like a handy little program, cant run the test now but will do later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

My 500GB
    hd500ev8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

My raptor, i'll have 2 in raid 0 shortly (had to rma other 1), wonder what kind of difference that'll make,
    36gbraptorml4.th.jpg
    Very handy prog. I'll test my external now.
    320gbexternalcj9.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ill test my raptor and spinpoint raids tomorrow. if i can get them setup properly. damn sata drives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Mariachi_Con_Cojones.jpg

*excelsior*

• Advertisement

That looks slightly like ppc under the gimp mask

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The forearm is certainly to scale...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hdtune2.jpg

*waggle waggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

hdtd4.gif
    Oh rittte

• Advertisement

Im gonna try ang get my TB raid +0 up now. will test it then. Its only 4 x 250gb spinpoints 16mb sata's. Will more then likely be drastically slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

WizZard wrote:
    My 500GB
    hd500ev8.jpg

That disc is getting a little toasty warm eh?

Mine

Maxtor 300gb
    maxtor-300.th.jpg

Seagate 250gb no.1
    seagate-250-1.th.jpg

Seagate 250gb no.2
    seagate-250-2.th.jpg

Quite odd that the two Seagates are quite different...identical drives :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hopeful wrote:
    Quite odd that the two Seagates are quite different...identical drives :confused:

Have you tried doing a defrag on both of them? I'm guessing one gets a lot more use than the other and thus is more heavily fragmented. Don't rely on windows defrag either, its basically just a surface scan, i.e. a quick fix

nice.

Oh and irlrobins, dont even think about changing the name of this forum to self build. Its not fitting mate.

This forum is all about tweaking/modding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

L31mr0d wrote:
    Have you tried doing a defrag on both of them? I'm guessing one gets a lot more use than the other and thus is more heavily fragmented. Don't rely on windows defrag either, its basically just a surface scan, i.e. a quick fix

Might be free space thats the difference...one is 65% free and the other 45%. Both defragged two days ago with Diskeeper 10.

If I get bored tomorrow I might even them out and retest.

Cool tool though...a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

dhtunewv8.png
    Two Seagtes 7200.10's 320GB in raid 0

Advertisement