Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house to rent

• 21-08-2006 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

My daughter and her friend need to rent a 2 bedroom house in waterford, they are poor students, where is the best place to start looking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

You should call out to the housing officer in the college and get a list of available accomodation that is associated with the college, that way you have a landlord registered with the college in case anything goes wrong.
    I know one of my mates is looking for 2 ppl to share a house with, there are 3 guys in the house already so i doubt 2 1st year girls would like to move into a house like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

Thanks for the reply witless, Who said they are first year students? Ill get her to ask at the collage,
    cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine he assumed it as generally speaking any 2nd or 3rd year students have a good idea of where their staying when they come back.

Where as 1st years are generally looking for places like mad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

Actually she is a 3rd year beauty student , always leaves it to the last minute then drags poor old mammy into it....thanks folks.Going to Waterford on monday to see what we can find:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I just presumed they were first years because most students would know that the accomadation officer would be the first port of call for houses and would have the housing list out since about March. That and the fact the leaving results were aout round about when you posted. Either way hope she finds a house, beautician students shouldn't have a problem finding a house anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 apriloneill

Advertisement