Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking an executable from running

• 21-08-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to block an executable from running in Windows XP? Every time I click the End Process button in Windows Task Manager it starts up a new copy straight away again. Thanks if someone can help me out here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you have a firewall, that'll stop it from running each time. Whats the program causing the bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

There all in a folder called IntCodec under Program Files. I don't ever recall installing this but recently i've been getting ads poping up whenever i'm connected to the internet and I reckon its probably this thats doing it. Four executables start up as soon as i start up Windows, isamonitor.exe, isamini.exe, pmmon.exe and psmngr.exe. If i was able to block them from running and then delete them i reckon it might get rid of the problem. I've tried uninstalling the program from Control Panel but it tells me i need to reboot before this can be preformed and i'm afraid to do that in case they do something on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah all those are viruses/spyware it looks like (and what google tells me). Reboot into safe mode, scan for viruses, spyware too and then check the Startup tab in msconfig and remove those entries. Make sure the folder is deleted after that.

EDIT: Ewido is very good for anti-spyware, give that a go. Download your Windows Updates also.

Thanks for the help. Had just googled it as well and am downloading Pervx1 to get rid of it now. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

bman wrote:
    Thanks for the help. Had just googled it as well and am downloading Pervx1 to get rid of it now. Thanks again.
    Prevx1 surely. :D
    I'd never heard of it until now... Any good?

• Advertisement

Yeah, meant Prevx1 :o . Gave me some error messages when i tried running so i went for ewido instead, it worked fine, no more IntCodec :D .

Advertisement