Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher education access route

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

heya. just wonderinf if ne of ye got accepted for the acces route to college ( higher education rout) ?? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yep got a letter yesterday saying i got accepted into DCU on the hear access route :D

Have to go to some cumpulsery summer programme thing doh for a week and stay on campus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I thought about that but since I didn't go to school for the lc I can't get on one.

why didnt ya go do your leaving man...

I did it, but I did the two years of stuff at home all by my lonesome.

haha..nice ..and what u get in ur results if ya dont mind me asking..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 S_D_D_O_R

Good for you :)

Just wondering how far off the points for your course were you?

iggyman wrote:
    haha..nice ..and what u get in ur results if ya dont mind me asking..

I only got 305, which I think is s#!te. I do wonder if I would have gotten more if I were in school,probably would have. Thought about repeating but I don't know that it would make a difference.

i only got 325 :( ..buts its still enough to do what i wanted to do.. :D

yeah id say you would have got alot more ye..so you going to do any course?

I got Irish Studies and Religious Studies in Mater Dei, I've applied to defer for a year, not really sure if I want it. I've gotten a job as a care assistant in a hospital in Dublin and I'm hoping that by the time I qualify as a mature student they'll look favourable on that for health or science based courses. I'll have to do a FETAC course as part of the job so maybe I can get something that way.

hmm..sounds good..know a few people in me class that are going the science way..one is going to colaiste dhulaigh to do a pre university science course i think it is..sound s like a good thing to do if your into science :D

• Advertisement

so no one else on here is doing the higher education access route???

Apparently I could qualify for the TAP according to the person in TCD who I've been speaking to because of my poor ass lc results. It does seem like a lot of hassle(they basically need to know how much everyone you've ever known makes in a year). With TCD do you do a foundation year, a short course or is it just the appication process?

if your asking me about trinity college i havent a clue bout it..im too dumb to go there :(

yeah you need to give in p21's,p60's etc..its a lot of paperwork..and usually an interview as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

iggyman wrote: »
    so no one else on here is doing the higher education access route???

As in the HEAR programme?..I'm not too good with the longer official names. I am...got it for DIT...heading to Dublin for orientation next week in aungier street. can't wait!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I got on to the trinity access programme. Our orientation week starts the 22nd I cant wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement