Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left sided players

Options
  • 22-08-2006 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Do we have any ?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm right footed but I have played at left back before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm alright, my attempt at a shot the other night with my left wasn't the best. The other night though, I started off pretty much right mid field and drifted over to left wing and felt more comfortable there, infact, I notice in a lot of games I play I find myself there for some reason.

I think my friend who wants to play on the team played left back for a team too, but he can play anywhere and is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

we do seem a little short. im more of a central player but am very comfotable using my left. no problem playing there if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm a lefty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yay we have one.

kdjac

i was gonna try for goalkeeper though, so maybe not :p

el rabitos wrote:
    i was gonna try for goalkeeper though, so maybe not :p

Lol selection headaches for Seanie we have 2 already :)

kdjac

i used to play left wing for years anyway so i can play there if we're stuck, which it looks like we are since i'm the only lefty :eek:

was there not a lefty the last night? We have two great keepers already:)

• Advertisement

yeah? well i'm greatOr!

Keeper Fight!!!!!1

kdjac

We need a left outfield though, it's best for the team:p

I'm so glad I don't have to go in nets, I'm really.... really... really bad in nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I plan on making the left full position my own, so back off ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

My mate, was down last week, both footed, v. good on each one. Sean I think ye might have put him up front, in your older team selection. He was wearing shorts and a wooly jumper(dont ask). V. good on the left, and has played on the left side midfiled, defence.
    Dont think he'll be down on thursday, but I'll be about. Just wondering but I could've sworn that the chap wearing the Arsenal jersey last week was a leftie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm a bit of a strange one on this one: I can play off both feet, write with my right (typing that required a bit of thought) but before my back injury I'd hit a volley with either without thinking. Back injury means I've no stability lower left side of the back so rarely shoot with the right these days as me poxy left stump cant support me properly, will pass with it no bother though. So in short, for all intents and purposes these days I'm a lefty.

Am telling you this to give context on the back problem: have it two years (vertabrae damage) and have learned to cope with it and can play one off games with only minor pain - play 3 times a week and it's ruined. Means I'm nowhere near the level I used to play (LSL Major 1 Sunday for Parkvale) but I'm still hoping to prove there's enough left in the tank to get me a spot.

Have played left wing back/left wing a lot in the past, but I'll be hoping to take on some goal getting responsibilty up front, if not left wing would probably be next preference. I'm your man for inswinging corners from the right side though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Roddy23 wrote:
    My mate, was down last week, both footed, v. good on each one. Sean I think ye might have put him up front, in your older team selection. He was wearing shorts and a wooly jumper(dont ask). V. good on the left, and has played on the left side midfiled, defence.
    Dont think he'll be down on thursday, but I'll be about. Just wondering but I could've sworn that the chap wearing the Arsenal jersey last week was a leftie.

Arsenal chap is me...i can use my left a bit but im naturally right footed, only trained to use my left...but id fancy a natural lefty to pop up at training sometime soon. By the sounds of it we shouldnt have a problem for lefties..

I'm a bit of a strange one on this one: I can play off both feet, write with my right (typing that required a bit of thought) but before my back injury I'd hit a volley with either without thinking. Back injury means I've no stability lower left side of the back so rarely shoot with the right these days as me poxy left stump cant support me properly, will pass with it no bother though. So in short, for all intents and purposes these days I'm a lefty.

Am telling you this to give context on the back problem: have it two years (vertabrae damage) and have learned to cope with it and can play one off games with only minor pain - play 3 times a week and it's ruined. Means I'm nowhere near the level I used to play (LSL Major 1 Sunday for Parkvale) but I'm still hoping to prove there's enough left in the tank to get me a spot.

Have played left wing back/left wing a lot in the past, but I'll be hoping to take on some goal getting responsibilty up front, if not left wing would probably be next preference. I'm your man for inswinging corners from the right side though.

To anyone else reading you might be doubting Grimes's ability, I played with him at the boards soccer meet up I organised and he was one of the best there and will be one of the best out of this group too:cool:

cormie wrote:
    To anyone else reading you might be doubting Grimes's ability, I played with him at the boards soccer meet up I organised and he was one of the best there and will be one of the best out of this group too:cool:

i only remember u and i think roddy from those few games....oh and my hat-trick :D *cough* awsome *cough*

yeah Jules (Frank Grimes) and yourself only played once together I think if even. Good on the hat trick alright, dodgy decision one goal was though:D

• Advertisement

if dodgy is the new brilliant :p

i'm totally unfit and out of shape, worse than i was then. i'll be a disaster

you'll fit right in so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

i only remember u and i think roddy from those few games....oh and my hat-trick *cough* awsome *cough*

Hat trick ??

At least two of those "goals" were over, and the other was offside. :)
    Ah the joys of jumpers for posts.

Ye. I'd recommend Jules for up front, v.good on the ball, can hold the ball up, and not bad in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Hmmm im predominantly right footed but i can shoot farely well with both feet....

Crossing with my left could be a different story alltogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Hi guys,

I am interested in playing but can't make it thursday in marley park for a concert.

But I am a lefty, play left back for most of my previous teams.

Advertisement