Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rte

• 22-08-2006 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

how would one go about pitching an idea to RTE?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not too sure, maybe this might be of some use to you. Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Possibly something on the lines of: "I'm ?7 y/0 and am not Dermot Morgan!".

You now either have to make your refullgent wit shine; or cower whith the defeatist attitude of: "Dad I really need this job!" - tears are optional!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

You now either have to make your refullgent wit shine; or cower whith the defeatist attitude of: "Dad I really need this job!" - tears are optional!!

wtf?

want to try and be helpful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

whats your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Find an RTE Producer.... thats it. Rte Producers spent the off Season writng treatments for ideas for RTE. This is usually around September and the submission is around February or March, not too sure though. An rte budget for a half an hour show, documentary e.t.c e.tc. is €35,000. Not too bad money is it. Find an RTE producer, the time is right, and pitch your idea and see what he/she says

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

trendkill wrote:
    Find an RTE Producer.... thats it. Rte Producers spent the off Season writng treatments for ideas for RTE. This is usually around September and the submission is around February or March, not too sure though. An rte budget for a half an hour show, documentary e.t.c e.tc. is €35,000. Not too bad money is it. Find an RTE producer, the time is right, and pitch your idea and see what he/she says

35,000 isn't very much money for a half hour show - maybe a chat show or something but not for comedy or drama.

I think light entertainment has a rolling submission all year round. Not sure if that's still the case but it was a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Well to some of us, having €35,00 for a half hour show is decent, like it or lump it, thats what rte give. Working on a documetary with an RTE producer at moment. Hoping to get the money, shouldn't see any problem though, will have to travel to scotland though for an interview for the docu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

check out www.rte.ie/commissioning

i'm afraid to say the current commissioning deadline came and went as of midday yesterday. it usually works on a six monthly basis, so there will be another round advertised in Jan/Feb - however, this one is the big one, with the majority of the money allocated to it. the drama department might operate a rolling commissioning system, but that's not the area I pitch to, so I honestly don't know.

best plan if you have an idea is to find an indie production company, or someone half decent who works in the industry. see if they'll take a look at your idea and give you a few pointers. be wary though. there are a few of them out there that will nab your idea and claim it as their own!

feel free to drop me a message if you have any other questions. also, tv3 and tg4 operate rolling commissioning rounds as far as I know, so they could also be an option?

Advertisement