Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wooly-Thinker's Guide to Rhetoric

Options
  • 22-08-2006 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

The Wooly-Thinker's Guide to Rhetoric comes from the website Butterflies and Wheels and includes such suggestions as:

# Be Courageous
    # Be dismissive
    # Cheers and catcalls
    # Claiming is Succeeding
    # Clumsy sarcasm
    # Define words in your own special way
    # Develop sudden hearing loss

Well worth a visit.

Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Butterflies and wheels is indeed a smashing site - well worth visiting.

I like the 'Fashionable Dictionary'

Alternative
    A wonderful thing. Because it's the opposite of everything. You have the regular, normal, boring thing, like medicine, or scholarship, or education, and then you have the alternative kind, which does whatever the opposite is. Normal medicine relies on testing, so dear alternative medicine relies on guesswork and hunches and an inner voice. So much more spiritual.

Evidence
    1. Something that can be tailored to the requirements of my arguments.
    2. A tiresome thing that may conflict with something that I believe.

Gödel
    A man with a theorem. Has something to do with axioms. Importantly, shows that everything is relative. To be invoked with quantum things.

Telescope
    An instrument that scientists use to look at things that are so big and far away that no one cares about them.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.com/dictionary.php

Advertisement